cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I Laughed Because...

Hi everyone,

I try to use humour to cope with stressful situations and have been keeping track of things that make me laugh in a notebook. So I decided I would turn it into a thread in case anyone else was interested in this kind of wellbeing activity!

So, did you have a good laugh recently? If so, feel free to share it in this thread!

I'll start!
Some of my family members watched me play Journey. My grandpa thought that it was a movie and said in Arabic, 'What's this stupidity? Change the channel to 128.' We all cracked up!

Highlighted

Re: I Laughed Because...

@WheresMySquishy I love this thread idea, I had a good laugh the other day, I was walking inside and my cat was coming up the hallway and I somehow spooked her and she tried to quickly run into the kitchen and her back feet lost traction so she slipped and it was so funny!

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Highlighted

@WheresMySquishy I love this thread! Because I love laughing Smiley Tongue I laugh all the time

Today on Facebook I saw someone post something along the lines of someone going through a Macca’s drive through and the lady behind her went off at her because she was taking too long to order, then that lady waited at the window where you pay so she could pay for that persons meal, then when she found out she got really embarrassed and felt bad for yelling but little did she know, the first car was going to pick up both meals as she paid for them so that car would have to wait longer.. hehe. It’s probably not funny to anyone else but it made me laugh Smiley Happy
Highlighted

@WheresMySquishy this is a great thread to have during these times! Last night I had a good laugh when my friend sent me a compilation of people using the 'Find Out Your Genetic Heritage' filter on instagram in which they actually just end up having genetic matches with random animals and warping their face. It was just so silly and made me laugh out loud haha!
Highlighted

These stories are so funny!

Over the weekend, it was my uncle's birthday, so we ordered a cake and some food for him when he visited. My grandma had been saying how my grandpa never eats pasta and doesn't like it, but when it came time to order food he and my grandpa asked for pasta. Turns out, it's just her pasta that they don't like. Smiley LOL

Another thing that made me laugh a few months ago when my sister had a non-epileptic seizure while eating a mango. This isn't as scary as it sounds because her doctors have told us that she isn't in danger of choking when she has them and that she still has some awareness. The mango just slowly slid out of her mouth in slow-motion and it looked really funny. I can't mention this to her because she triggers another seizure for some reason. Some of the things that trigger the seizures are pretty strange and funny too. She doesn't seem to like hearing the word 'banana' or seeing a banana so they are banned in our house. She also doesn't like the word 'armpit'. I know it sounds weird, but we manage to find some humour in it and her hospital team had a good laugh with us about these triggers too.

Highlighted

What an awesome idea for a thread, @WheresMySquishy ! 

I am not the most mechanically minded person in the world but I do try and give things a red hot go - on the weekend, I was trying to put a netball hoop and base thing together that we got my daughter for her birthday. It turns out it was a LOT harder than I thought it would be, but I was determined not to give up - it turns out my partner was quietly watching me from upstairs and filming me on a timelapse, and that video is one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time. I laughed until I was crying. It kind of reminds me of the little industrious characters on Animal Crossing building something really busily - except in my case, I didn't build anything 

Animal Crossing: New Horizons' DIY Recipes - List of Recipes & How ...

Check out our community activities calendar for August 2020 here
Highlighted

Bahahahaha @Janine-RO that is hilarious!
Highlighted

Hahaha that's so funny @Janine-RO! It sounds like something I would do.

I've had a lot of funny moments playing video games. Many years ago, when Harvest Moon: Animal Parade came out, my sister decided to have her character marry Wizard. When it was her character's birthday, they had a little party in her house. We were all really excited to see what would happen because we hadn't experienced this event before. Wizard presented her with a birthday present and we were all drumrolling... It turned out to be an eel. A live, wriggling eel. I couldn't stop laughing! Needless to say, my sister was unimpressed. He was such a sweetheart and was a great husband other than that.
I've also been given some weird gifts from the villagers in the latest Animal Crossing such as a toilet, a bidet, a garbage can and a shower. It makes me wonder if our villagers are trying to be passive-aggressive!

Highlighted

Yesterday I laughed because I made a huge mess... I spilt orange juice all over three loads of my washing haha. It was such a huge mess that I couldn't help but laugh! It was like something out of a cartoon show Smiley LOL On the bright side, it gave me something to do with my afternoon!

Check out our community activities calendar here
Highlighted

Haha I'm really clumsy too @Jess1-RO! Smiley Happy I've wrecked a lot of electronics that way.

Today, I laughed because I finally realised that the compounding chemist mixed up my eye drop prescription and gave me my old lower dose instead of my new higher dose (the difference is 10 times higher than the old dose). I had been using it for a month thinking that it was the higher dose without realising until I tried to get a new bottle and compared the label to my dad's, who was using the higher dose.