cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am proud of myself!

C.W. brief mention of anxiety

Hello friends! I just wanted to come on here and tell you all that I am very proud of myself. So, I suffer from social anxiety, and today, I was able to order pizza over the phone without feeling awkward, anxious, or wanting to sink into the floor. I actually felt normal for once. Anyway I just wanted to share that good news with you all!! Smiley Happy)

Re: I am proud of myself!

Oh hey is this your new account @Mars_Elliot? Smiley Happy Good on you for achieving your goal of conquering your anxiety over the phone when ordering pizza! Social anxiety is tough but as you've shown us, it is so treatable and people can overcome it, one step at a time Smiley Very Happy I did a social anxiety group a year and a bit ago and found it so helpful- of course I've had setbacks and that's totally normal

hey @Mars_Elliot, that's great to hear! I hope that you can take the time to feel proud of yourself tonight because that's actually such a huge accomplishment, so please enjoy that feeling tonight along with your pizza Smiley Very Happy

@Mars_Elliot nice to see you on your new account!

I'm glad you are proud of growth- you deserve to celebrate this moment! I hope you are able to continue to grow and have many more in the future Smiley Happy

@Mars_Elliot woohoo!!!! Congratulations!!! Smiley Very Happy

Order pizza AND on the phone? That's so much adulting in one post! Congrats @Mars_Elliot, I'm super excited for you. This post just made me so happy!

Now onto the big question, did you put pineapple on your pizza? Smiley LOL

@Mars_Elliot  !!!

CONGRATS. IM SO PROUD OF YOU. It's something that may sound small but it's still a hill that you climbed over. I'm really happy for you, and keep up the good work!

Do you mind sharing any tips that you used to help you feel more comfortable or get you through the phone call? I would love to know Robot Very Happy

I'm a bit late to the party, but well done @Mars_Elliot! I'm so proud of you right now. Smiley Happy What an amazing milestone! Did you do anything to celebrate it?
How are you doing now?