cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I feel alone

I know you don’t know me and I don’t really like to talk to people about how I feel but life is getting to be 2 much I have friends but they never talk to me and I don’t get 2 spend my time with my family I feel awful and alone and I don’t know what to do or how to do it I just don’t feel like living some times and I really just wanted to know what 2 do.i hope for help and stuff.

sorry for the sad post 

Re: I feel alone

@Lonelygir102 it must be awful to feel that way, and I understand how hard it is to be in that situation. Have you tried telling your family how you feel? Or maybe trying to suggest an activity for you to all participate in together if that's easier for you? With the friend side of things, I would suggest maybe putting yourself out there a bit more if you haven't already, maybe ask them out to the movies or something. If you've tried that, joining a club can be useful in meeting new people who you may better connect with. I hope this helps you in some way, and if not, just know this whole community will support you. You're never alone ❤️

I do have move night with my family once a week but i don’t really fit in with my year I am just different thay like things I don’t so all my friends are in other year levels some have jobs and 2 out of the 3 have split parties so it is really hard 2 arranging something like a movie and wen I ask thay are normally not interested I don’t think I actually have any friends

But you are so nice thank you for your kind words

Hi @Lonelygir102,

Warm welcomes to ReachOut and thank you for letting us know how you are feeling. Feeling lonely is so hard, and I really feel for what you are going through right nowHeart

You mentioned that your interests are different to others in your year at school. What sorts of interests and hobbies do you have? What do you do for fun?

It takes so much courage to come online and talk about loneliness, and I really appreciate your  honesty. Have you been on forums before? I hope you find here that there is always someone to speak to and people who can relate to how you are feeling.

I'm not sure if you have had a chance to look through our boards, but each Monday we have a Getting Real session where we talk about a topic members of ReachOut are interested in. We recently had one on loneliness here that you might be interested in

Did you know we have new Community Guidelines? You can check them out here

It takes so much courage to come online and talk about loneliness, and I really appreciate your honesty. Have you been on forums before? I hope you find here that there is always someone to speak to and people who can relate to how you are feeling.

Hi it’s me lonely girl.in answer to your question yes I have been on 1 other forum before. I was on life lines help line but i dont think i have bin on another forum well not that i can remember and I really appreciate your kind words it is really hard to talk 2 people and i ges i just find it easier if I know that the people I am talking to doesn’t know me but that doesn’t mean it is still hard.eny way thank you

Sent from my iPad

hello @lonleygir102 and welcome

have you considered talking to your family about wanting to spend more time with them? perhaps you could suggest a few activities that you could all do together like go to the beach, the movies, swimming pools, out for lunch/dinner, takeaway at the park or whatever you like to do.

with friends it can be really tricky, do you think you could join an interest group (like book club, study groups, sporting group) to make some friends?
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

have you considered talking to your family about wanting to spend more time with them? perhaps you could suggest a few activities that you could all do together like go to the beach, the movies, swimming pools, out for lunch/dinner, takeaway at the park or whatever you like to do.

with friends it can be really tricky, do you think you could join an interest group (like book club, study groups, sporting group) to make some friends?

Hi and thanks

For a start I don’t get 2 spend much time with my family because of the way my parents work is at the moment but I have tried to talk to my family my sister says she sees me so much at school so she doesn’t want to spend time with me at home all the time I told mom mum that and she got told of for not being considerate so my family is not 2 bad.
The problem is I don’t fit in at school I have thought about a interest group but I have severe anxiety and it is very difficult for me to go to school let a loan a group but I do have golf every weekend so I am going 2 try to start and talk to some of the other people that go.i am still nervous about that though.

Thank you for the advice love lonely girl
Highlighted

Hey it's awesome that your playing golf that's such a cool skill. I bet there are other people in your golf club that would really love talking with you. What other hobbies do you have? 

You mentioned that it's hard to meet people cause you feel anxious and different do you only feel this way at school or do every day interactions with people make you feel anxious ? If it's just school that's hard then maybe try joining a group outside of school where you don't have to talk a lot but can just do an activity together ( sporting groups or cooking classes whatever your interested in) . I'm really glad that your talking to us though and hope you know your not alone we all feel lonely sometimes Smiley Very Happy 

Hi @Lonelygir102,

I have just been reading the amazing peer support you have been providing to other members of the forums and want to let you know how fantastic that is!

On another post you mentioned having seen a therapist before and were speaking to your mum about seeing a therapist again. It is great to hear that you started this conversation with your mum, that takes a lot of courage Heart Well done! How did you find seeing a therapist last time? Do you think that talking about meeting new people is something you could discuss with them?

Did you know we have new Community Guidelines? You can check them out here

Hey it's awesome that your playing golf that's such a cool skill. I bet there are other people in your golf club that would really love talking with you. What other hobbies do you have?
You mentioned that it's hard to meet people cause you feel anxious and different do you only feel this way at school or do every day interactions with people make you feel anxious ?

Well I am anxious a lot it can be at school or at home.it is really hard 2 control but I think I am getting better.i have a lots of hobbies and I am not all that into sports but I love skiing ⛷ and as I said I like golf