cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I feel like an outsider to my friend

I know the feeling and I think it's great that there's a space like this where we can talk to people....

I've been friends with someone for nearly five years now and she's become one of my best friends but these last couple of weeks, I've really felt like an outsider to her, she hardly talks to me anymore and never includes me in things. We used to tell everything to each other and we'd constantly be around each other and now we're not. I've asked her if we're friends and she's always replying yes and she's like this with everyone but she's not. She's always around her others friends in class or out in the yard and now when I ask if I can join it's a it's a couple thing or maybe next time. The only time I do hear from her is when she needs something or has no one else. I don't know what to do! I want my best friend back but on the other hand I can't continue feeling like shit and feel like I'm only good enough when she wants something.

What should I do?

OliviaBenson26

Re: Chit Chat

Hi @OliviaBenson, me again, your friendly post-moving admin...  Just to let you know I've moved your response from the Chit Chat thread over to here as it deserves to be its own post & I've changed the heading so people know what it's about.

All friendships have their ups and downs, and often when someone is behaving differently toward us and we don't know why, it's not really because of anything in particular that we've said or done.  You could try asking her if you've somehow upset her?  Also have a read of some of ReachOut's resources on friendships - you might find some useful tips.

Hi

Thanks heaps...

No worries!  Also, a reminder that you're allowed to start your own new threads instead of having to jump onto the end of older ones - we think you're totally worthy Smiley Tongue

Okay cool thanks for letting me know

Hey @OliviaBenson, thanks for posting about this! Friendships can be really tricky and confusing sometimes - I can definitely relate.

Could you try talking to this friend one on one, and explaining how you feel, maybe over the phone so that there's no other friends around?

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

Hey,

I've already tried this and nothing appears to be working

What happened when you spoke to them one-on-one?

Hey,

Sorry for not replying...every things all good with the friend now, it took a reminder of how fast she can loose me, to make her see, how she hurt me,

OliviaBenson