Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: I might have a problem...

@N1ghtW1ng haha I think many of us are guilty of that Smiley Tongue

Highlighted

@N1ghtW1ng ahhhhhhhh! hopefully there will be so much to see and do that everyone will be too busy to annoy eachother! Smiley Happy

Definitely take some headphones though and its great you like books so you can just drift off from people and whatever they are doing when you want some you timeSmiley Happy

If people do start to get on your nerves just remember, you arent there for them you are there to see the big wide beautiful world! and dont let them stop you from doing that or enjoying every damn minute of it Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Hey there @N1ghtW1ng 

EEEEUUURRROOOPPPPEEEEE WWWEEEEEWWWWWWWW!! How exciting! Where are you going?

I've travelled with school, uni, with friends, with family and alone. Totally understand where you are coming from. I need my alone time!! My past 2 trips have been travelling solo and in June I'm going to Europe with a group of 6 friends and I am freaking out. I'm going to use some ideas on here as well!  It's so great you've realised in advance you might have some problems and might need some alone time. 

My experience is that on bus tours a lot of people stick to themselves anyway, it's a great downtime. I think the kindle and ipod ideas are great. I have put my sunglasses on too so I feel like I have a little barrier between me and the world ahahhaha. 

Maybe you could tell your friends before you go you might need some alone time and tell them it isn't an insult against them, you just might need some peace and quiet. It is perfectly ok to spend days apart. When I backpacked with a friend we had a deal that in each city we had to spend either a morning or whole day apart. It was such a great idea and I think it prevented us getting sick of each other and fighting! I'd really recommend taking some time to yourself - if not a whole morning, maybe lunch alone or a coffee or choose a museum or attraction the others might not want to go to and go spend some time alone. 

Good luck!