cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I miss my teacher

My whole world has been turned upside down. My mum has recently been accepted into university so we had to move. I left my second mother behind (my teacher) and she was more like a mother to me than my real mum is. I used to talk to her about how I wanted to end my life and about self harming.

I walk through the halls of my new school and I have never felt so alone in my life, even with so many people around me. My mind can't focus on anything but how much I miss her. I love her as much as my own mother but I feel like she never actually cared about me in the first place. I miss her and nothing is ever going to be okay again.

Re: I miss my teacher

Hi @Anonymous_Gurl,

Welcome to ReachOut and thanks for sharing that with us. That sounds really tough that you had to leave your teacher behind. It sounds like you were really close with them. Is this something you have talked to anyone else about before? Moving away and starting at a new school is always tough but it does get easier. It is perfectly okay to have these feelings of missing your teacher. Is there a school counselor that you could chat to this about? It might help to have a friendly face in the yard for when these feelings are really impacting you during school Heart

hey @Anonymous_Gurl  , just wondering how you are since you last posted?

Hi. 

I am not great. But I guess I just have to deal with it. There's nothing I can do. 

Thank You for checking in.

A_G

Highlighted

Hi @Anonymous_Gurl,
That's a really tough space to be in Heart Have you met any new people at school to help you adjust to this change?

We are always happy to check in and chat when you need a listening ear Smiley Happy

Check out our community activities calendar for July 2019 here

Hey @Anonymous_Gurl . I feel like I can understand a bit of what you are going through. When I finished year 12 there was a teacher at my school who I could no longer see. This person helped change my life drastically. They were the reason i sought help and they listened to me and knew stuff about me that no one else did. They felt like a second dad. A better dad. A friend. I wanted to talk to this person so badly that I ended up doing volunteer work at the school just to see them. Once when I was goinf through a crisis my friend ended up getting their phone number and they talked to me which really helped. But one thing I came to understand is that they definitely still cared. My counselor encouraged me to write a letter to them telling them how much I wanted to thank them because I was grateful for their support and the difference they made. Even to this day I still wish I could go up to him and just chat about my day and blurt out all the worries in my head. But I can't . Something that had helped though is KHL where I can have one or a few regular counselors and just people to talk to and lean on whenever I need it. At university I found a new person to talk to and gained another support base. The change was frustrating and I still wanted the other person, but it made a difference and ultimately it does help.

I hope you can find another person in your life closer to where you are at that could be the same. Do you think there is anyone at the moment that you could talk to? I really hope this helps and thank you for sharing!