cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've been up all night still no answers!

Is it Ok for a 22 year old to have sex with a 17 year old? I'm from Queensland, Australia! I've been talking to a guy online and I met him, is it ok for me to have sex with him?

Re: I've been up all night still no answers!

Hi @Hicks, The laws of consent differ in all states of Australia so you are best to check out the laws for each state here

Also remember that consent is vital (click the link for information), and you should always pracitice safe sex. 

Hey @Hicks basically we can't say "yes"or "no"because it would be a kind of legal advice, which is against our guidelines and other stuff. However i do believe that link definitely has your answers! Let us know if you have any more questions Smiley Happy

@NickiPower and @Ben-RO
I've already visited all these websites but there is still no answer to my question!
So is there some loophole where it makes it legal and not legal at the same time???

@Hicks basically consent means it's okay as long as you do consent! The law says when you can consent. Does that kind of make sense?

I am a 17 year old girl, and have a 22 year old boyfriend. I have looked at consent laws and it looks like it  is legal for us in South Australia. See the link below!
Just remeber that they HAVE to consent to make sure it is okay! Smiley Happy 

Thanks @cordial99

Hi @Hicks!
I just wanted to check on this post to see how you're doing. How have you been feeling about the situation? 

I've been pretty good, I feel as though I might tell him in a month or 2 at least when I finish school cuz it might be awkward if I'm still at school and we basically won't be able to hang out much