cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I've had a really bad day (anyone else?)

Hi, 

Yeah, I actually accessed most of the numbers of this site lol. I have previously called Lifeline, Beyond Blue and Another One, I forget the name of it (Sorry). I am aware that they are trained to do this but what if I do not pass the standards they have? I have an appointment tomorrow with her and I am already anxious lol. 

I can understand your anxiety about sharing these things with your psych @Hungryturtle22 but I guess the thing to remember is that your safety is the most important thing and your psychologist will take a lot of different factors into account before deciding on the best way forward and without knowing these things, it's really hard for them to provide you the best level of care and support, so if you can I'd really encourage you to try and open up to them Heart

Have you found any of the helplines helpful?

The lifelines are sort of okay... Sometimes they help, other times I get too scared and can't talk but they just talk to me (About anything) until I am able to speak. I can try to open to the psych person, do you think that they will take into account the anxiety and concern associated with the chance of me going to the hospital? 

Hey @Hungryturtle22 yes they will definitely take that into consideration, the hospital situation is usually the pointiest end of crisis support.

So if you're having feelings of SH etc it's your Psych's job to sit with you around those feelings and work out some strategies/plans. You could always ask your Psych about this sort of stuff, ask how hospital admissions for self-harm work etc Heart Practitioner's are super trained in this area, and a good Psych will share the basic ins and outs of the entire system. It is important you get all the support you deserve - do you trust your Psych?

I do trust my Psych I just do not know what she is going to do next. (Which sounds really paranoid (0-o)

you can do it we all know you can and i am kinda the same i have anxiety and its hard to thunk of what to say

its alright to be scared so if your nervouse when you walk in just take a big breath and calm your mind i know what its like to have anxiety and have to go see a phys

Highlighted

I am glad that I am not the only one who struggles with anxiety that makes it hard to speak Smiley Happy (Sorry for the late reply, we had a storm and we had no power and I left my laptop at a mate's place)