cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspiring videos, talks, speeches and podcasts.

I am a fan of TED, that conference/presentation thing where people who know heaps talk about stuff Smiley Tongue  but there are lots of other amazing things out there where people share lessons they have learned in life. Many of which we can learn for ourselves. 

So i thought i'd create a thread where we can collect our favourites! All you have to do is post a video or a link to a podcast, or whatever it is Smiley Happy 

Here's my favourite one about how your attitude to stress. I.e whether you think it's good and helpful or bad and dangerous has a huge impact. 

How to make stress your friend

Re: Inspiring videos, talks, speeches and podcasts.

Oh and here's a cool place where you can go to see some real life speeches, talks and other cool stuff about mental health if you're near Sydney! 

Check out the Anxiety Festival here Smiley Happy 

Love this thread! I'm always trying to find a new TED talk to inspire me when I feel unmotivated/distracted.

This is one that I found while procrastinating from writing up a 3000 word essay: 

Inside the mind of a master procrastinator

If you're a procrastinator like me, watch this and it might make you feel a little better knowing you're not the only one with an "instant gratification monkey" in your head Smiley LOL

Omg @amyD I LOVE THIS TALK! 

Also i love your doughnut profile picture. I totally made doughnuts that looked exactly like that one and now I have cravings to make more Smiley Tongue 

@Ben-RO It’s one of my favourites!

And thanks Smiley Very Happy for some reason while trying to pick a new profile picture all I could think of was doughnuts so this is what resulted. Definitely would make some right now if I could…

I find the following talk by JK Rowling to be really inspiring:

Also this is a brilliant thread @Ben-RO! Smiley Very Happy

// Spiral outward, keep going. //