cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Internal Struggles and Healing

Hey @WheresMySquishy, I'm glad you can relate.

Yeah, there's a pretty strong possibility that it's an innocent reason such as they forgot to invite me. I'll definitely keep it to the 'I' statements, so I'm not blaming them, as you said. 

I'll try to message one of them tomorrow morning with these things in mind. Thanks!

Hey @Phantom1105 

I hope you have had a better last couple of days Smiley Happy did you end up getting in touch with one of your friends?

Hey @tjayne19, sorry about the lack of updates, I've been pretty preoccupied haha.

I did actually and I felt like I did a really good job with it. The problem was that she couldn't invite as many people as she wanted to and one of those people was me. She said she'd invite me to the next one though! I felt like I properly conveyed how I was feeling and got a result I was satisfied with! 

I told her I was bummed that I wasn't invited because I really liked seeing her and her friends. I wasn't blaming/accusing her and therefore it wasn't a confrontational situtation. Plus, she asked me if I was still upset after the fact. Obviously I said no because I was satisfied. 

Thanks!

Hey @Phantom1105 

That is an excellent outcome! You have dealt with this so maturely and i am happy this has been resolved for you, now you can look forward to seeing your friend again at the next catch up Smiley Happy 

I'm so glad that conversation went well @Phantom1105! Well done for telling your friend how you felt! Smiley Happy

@WheresMySquishy @tjayne19 Thanks guys, I really appreciate it Smiley Happy

Now to study for these exams + work at maccas hahahaha

Hey guys, I've been really struggling in the past few days. 

All I've been able to think about is being super overwhelmed by everything, but mostly school and work. Yesterday, I was sent home by the school councillor because she were concerned about my mental wellbeing at school, even though I wanted to stay at school...

I've felt like all the pressure has started to get to me and further has distorted my thinking... It's really annoying, as I'm sure you can imagine right before exam time.

Hey @Phantom1105 

Thank you for sharing that you have been struggling Heart 

It's very common for stress to peak during exam period, especially if you are also balancing work and other school responsibilities. It's a lot to juggle! 

It's good to hear that you've got the support of a counsellor but I can understand that it wasn't nice to leave school when you wanted to stay. Are there any activities that help to relax you? Maybe you can take some time out in the lead up to exams to do some extra self care to balance out the stress? 

Also a heads up that we have a special discussion coming up about exam and study stress that you may be interested in getting involved with in a couple of weeks when we run it Smiley Happy 

Hope you're feeling okay today Heart 

Hey @Phantom1105 

I am so sorry to hear you have had a bad couple of days Smiley Sad I understand what you mean school work can get so over whelming especially with exams coming up! I get so stressed around exam time also, sometimes i find it helps when i do some self talking and tell myself okay i have done exams before and i have been through stressful times before and i have gotten through that so i can do this, it is important to reassure yourself of what you are capable of Smiley Happy Is there anyway you could rearrange your work hours to work a little less before your exams? 

Hey @Bre-RO and @tjayne19, thanks for the comfort Smiley Happy

I saw my therapist today with my dad and she helped me figuring out how I'm going to tackle these exams and I think she's found a way thats best for me, by doing little bits at a time for the next exam every day and I think that would work. Hopefully I can get some quality work done. The exams start next week and dont end until the next friday.

I usually use my friends to relax by talking to them or playing games with them.