cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is my friend okay?

Hey everyone,

So I have a friend, and a little background on her personality: she's quite reserved and not extremely loud or talkative, some people think she's unfriendly and some people think she's cool. She kind of just does her own thing but she's overall a good person. She doesn't have many friends, you could probably say that I'm her closest friend? I definitely know people who admire her and want to talk to her more. She has a very unique personality in that she has very defined interests? and she's extremely smart. Like 1st in the year smart.

So obviously in Australia it's the term holidays right now. We met up a few days ago and she was telling me about her erratic sleep schedule - basically it's non-existent. In the holidays, sometimes she's slept 1 hr a night, sometimes she sleeps at 8am and wakes up at 4pm. I thought it was kinda funny because she's always kind of had trouble sleeping and sleeps 5-7 hrs on school nights as well. But then I texted her yesterday, and she replied today saying something along the lines of 'sorry for ghosting you! it wasn't a great day in terms of mental health, but i got out of the bed today' so i'm like 'oh you didn't get out of the bed yesterday? u ok?' and she says 'yeah i only got up once to use the bathroom' (and that's pre believable because she doesn't even use the bathroom at school). I asked her if she wanted to talk but like I said she's pretty reserved and wouldn't want to talk?

Anyway, opinions? Is she okay? Is it possible she could be depressed? Or is that going too far?

Re: Is my friend okay?

@maevesgild that sounds tough, I can see you care about your friend a lot, she is lucky to have you!

It's a tough one as she seems very closed off you don't want to risk overwhelming her and it may be extremely difficult for her to open up and let others in. I would say keep doing what you're doing and all you can do is be supportive and make sure she knows how much you care about her, that you are there for her if she wants to talk or needs a friend. And maybe you can try telling her you have noticed these little things and are worried about her and was wondering if there was anything going on lately or what's been on her mind lately. You could do this in a simple chat so it doesn't scare her off and give her a big hug after so she feels loved! 

What do you think? Do you think this might help? Don't forget to look after yourself too!! Smiley Happy

hey @maevesgild and welcome

i think @Puppies026 has given a really good answer here and i agree what are your thoughts surrounding this?
do you think you could just have a chat with her and let her know your abit worried and offer a listening ear?
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Hi @maevesgild

Thank you for sharing this, 

I really like what @Puppies026 said, it really sounds like you're a very supportive and caring friend. People need that kind of support in their life, it's great that you've been able to show you care Smiley Happy 

I agree with @scared01, is it possible to tell her that you are worried about her and do you think she will open up to you about it? 

Please keep us updated! 

We're here for you Heart