cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there something wrong with me?

Hi, 

I'm fairly new here, newish, yeah. There are so many things about me that are, as people would say, not "normal" and I say to them, "define normal". I have this thing about me that, motivates myself. If something goes wrong I pull myself up and it's all cool. There's nothing wrong with me, I sleep, I eat, I work, but there's that one part of me that wants something to be wrong, I dunno, it's hard to explain. But one of my friend's thinks I am literally insane, another friend thinks I have Aspergers and I just shrug and say, "Okay". Half of my friends are depressed and self harm, and they know I know which they are okay with. Out of all of our group, I'm the one they are okay with telling about these things. The other half I feel like they barely put up with me. There are times where I don't want to anything but sit down and watch TV and then there are times where I can't sit still. I'm optimistic often and I'm also pessimistic. Everything about my personality contradicts itself. And I'm always there to pull myself up. I have a functioning family, my parents have been happily married for 17 years. My mum's side of the family are smokers and drinkers, some of my aunts even did drugs at one point and my mother doesn't do any of that. Her side of the family, her parents so my grandparents are highly religious, which is annoying for me personally and my father, younger brother and older sister because none of us are Catholic like them and enjoy going to church. My dad's side of the family, well, I don't even know. I mean, I know them but since we moved away from NSW to QLD I barely see them aside from my dad's nephew who's 3-5 years younger than him and his wife and 6 year old son. My great aunt was a famous author, and my great-something was a famous fish-biologist. One of the Blue Mountains was named after my family. It's true. When people say 'that's weird' or 'that's normal' I say to them, "What if your perception of weird is normal and your perception of normal is weird?" I live on weird sayings that I make up, it keeps me going. I don't lack self confidence or anything like that. I don't even know why I'm doing this. Attention probably. I look in the mirror, I may not think I'm that pretty but I know that I am. My friend even told me that of our group, I was the prettiest. There are things that I'm amazing at and then there are things that I'm not. I do what I do because I like doing it. 

So that's me. There is probably nothing wrong with me but if there was, maybe I'd feel, better because if there was something wrong I'd know it. I like knowing things. 

So if you actually read that, thanks. Thanks for reading. Smiley Happy Also, if this is in the wrong section, I'm sorry. 

Highlighted

Re: Is there something wrong with me?

It sounds to me like you're a perfectly ordinary human being with perfectly ordinary ups and downs and life struggles. Though "ordinary" is probably used in an odd way here, as I don't believe in ordinary or normal, and I think it's great that you seem to share that view, because it means you're not worried about being different. I don't think there's anything particularly "wrong" with you, but if you're concerned perhaps you should see a professional about it.

Hey N1ghtW1ng 

I hope you dont mind I moved your post here Smiley Happy I really enjoyed reading this and there is absolutely nothing wrong with you. I am generally wierd and I think that is absolutely normal because I think I am super awesome with my wierdness Smiley Happy 

You have a really interesting life, great aunt who is a famous author, that is pretty cool. It is awesome to write and it does help you feel better so I don't think you are doing this for attention. Writing is a beautiful expression, do you write often? 

Why do you feel like something is wrong with you? 

@rue No, I don't mind at all, Smiley Happy And yes, I do write often, in my Cavalia book I write random thoughts and on my computer I write all these stories. I use a computer because if I used pen and paper my hand would get so sore. 

I think that I feel something is wrong with me because, I don't really feel or do things that I should do. But I am getting over these feelings, working my way through them and reaching the point of joy. I can see it near me and know that it's close. 

I can only agree with the others here, what you've written sounds completely normal.
Even you feeling like something is different is completely normal. I know I felt like that, I'm sure most people have/do feel like that.

If you really feel like something is affecting your life, or you're really worried that there is something wrong, it could be beneficial to speak to someone who is qualified to provide a diagnoses if there is one.