cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

It's R U OK? day

R U OK day: Checking in with our communities, and checking in with ourselves

In 2020 we have seen more than ever the importance of staying connected, and the value of the people and relationships in our lives. Our lives can all get busy at times, and staying connected to others is hard to do. So, R U OK day is all about making the time to check in with the people we care about and start a conversation with "R U OK?"

R U OK may be the start of a bigger conversation, or it may just be a check in to remind someone else that you are thinking of them today. If you are asking "R U OK?" today, here are some helpful hints from the R U OK team:

For some of us, R U OK day can be a tough day that brings up a lot of big feelings or invites a lot of big conversations. If you are feeling a bit overwhelmed today, that's okay- you are not alone! Make sure to do what you need to do to look after yourself today. That might be engaging your self care (our wellbeing threads have heaps of ideas), using some distraction, or reaching out for help if you need it Heart

Activity:

Did you ask someone R U OK today? And if you would like to share what that conversation was like you can write about it here

Check out our community activities calendar here
Highlighted

Re: It's R U OK? day

I had a good chat with my friend today and asked if they were okay! I was glad to hear that they were doing good but i made sure that they knew that i was always there if they ever needed my help Heart

Highlighted

@Jess1-RO  thanks for posting this, awareness campaigns are more important then ever!

Did you ask someone R U OK today? And if you would like to share what that conversation was like you can write about it here

If I'm honest, I did a bit a self-check in. Assessed my own state of mind and adjusted my self-care strategies accordingly. A great little afternoon activity that has many benefits- and easy to do with a trusted mate. 

Highlighted

I was in a bad mood on R U OK day, so I didn't feel like supporting anyone. My sister made me a picture and it made me feel a bit better though.
Today, I checked in with someone I had supported through my volunteering in the past and I'm so glad I did. They still weren't doing well, but we ended up having a really good conversation. Their resilience inspired me and I learned a lot from them. I think I made them feel a bit better too.