cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Jan 26 - I’m really hurt

@Lost_Space_Explorer5 @They are happy to chat when it’s trending though, as long as they can lead the conversation and make it about them 

@SaltwaterdreamtimeSmiley Sad that's really tough... Have you had any positive/supportive experiences with people talking about today?

Hey @Saltwaterdreamtime, I just wanted to check in with you today to see how you were feeling? 

It seems like yesterday was quite difficult for you, so I want to let you know that you're absolutely not alone in this fight for justice and respect Heart

Have you had any time to reflect on how the comments that the girls posted made you feel? I know that nothing on social media is ever easy, and it is a constant battle everybody witnesses and is apart of from time to time. I wonder if you were able to jump into any positive messages/videos yesterday around invasion day and the beauty of Aboriginal culture that helped you see the other side of the racial fight? 

Thinking of you Heart I see every year becoming harder and harder for the first nations peoples, you're not alone. 

Every year it’s more and more deflating and the same thing happens over and over again, I get told to shut up because I what I say doesn’t matter, happens all the time every time I try and speak up. I’m over it @Kaylee-RO 

I Just worked yesterday. I didn’t really see a lot of positive stuff just news articles.  I did see a few things from blak business online. 

@Saltwaterdreamtime it being deflating is the perfect word to express that emotion. It is sad to see that some of the world is growing and many people still are not. I believe what you are saying matters, and I know that so many people in the world, specifically Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are vouching for your words too. Do you have connections with anybody else that is also Aboriginal, or any connection to your mob or community? Sometimes finding a place to resonate with a community structure can help the isolation of your truth. 

I haven't had much experience with Blak Business tbh, how did this make you feel seeing some of their stuff? 

@saltwaterdreamtime I can't imagine what January 26th must be like for you. But I just wanted to jump on here and voice the fact that I'm listening to what you're saying and that if people are protesting for change the date, they should also care what you have to say as someone they are 'protesting for'. It's totally okay and understandable that you are mad and frustrated. I'm sorry about all those hurtful comments. And also it's okay that protesting in a pandemic scares you, it scares me too. You are right though, things like this are not a trend they are real issues that affect communities with real feelings.