cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: LGBTQ Hello's!

I guess we're all saying our ages now, so better join in! I'm 18. I resonate very strongly with how you feel @SS_X, announcing 'who I like' just isn't something I feel the need to do. It's a private thing, yknow? I'm also a practicising Christian, and while I'm pretty comfortable with the facts, I'm still working through what that means for me.

The words I use to describe my attractions honestly depend on the situation, but as a general rule, I like to keep it vague. I'm not a huge fan of labels at the best of times, and I just can't when it comes to stereotypes (still guilty of using them though xD). I used to completely avoid 'gay' for example, because it connotated that exhuberant, high-pitched, dramatic personality in mind and presumably the mind of others -- and that's totally not me haha. It also implied that girls are completely out of the question... and, well, it's not that black-and-white. These days I use 'gay' and 'queer' interchangeably, or not at all haha. If people ask, they can know that I'm the spectrum somewhere -- and I'm content with that.

I totally get you @unwind about the irony around sex and privacy. Why does sex / sexuality need to have so much emphasis put on it? I'm sure it gets boring haha.

I saw that scene in the trailer @annabethxchase, it was so hilarious!! It would be nice if 'coming out' was no longer a big deal. I think peope will inevitably need to ''come out", just because that's how minority works, but it should stop being an 'achievement' once society stops caring so much. "You like guys / girls? Great. Don't forget to do the dishes tonight." Honestly, I think it's shifting towards this direction quite rapidly, I've been seeing more and more coming out stories with anti-climatic endings recently.

""And just to add the cherry on top, I placed first in Religion last semester. I found that quite amusing considering that, to many of my peers, I'm the antichrist of Catholicism Smiley Very Happy Smiley Tongue""
Your class probably doesn't even know what an antichrist is tbh hahaha

It’s inspiring to know that there’s other people who feel similarly to me. I guess I’m less alone than I originally thought Smiley Happy <3

Mhmmm, @nyke, it's so frustrating that our own private business becomes someone else's business. I've seen a few times in my life where someone believes that another person is LGBTQ+, so it suddenly becomes their business to find out. However, if someone gives off the 'vibes' that they're straight, the others don't care!! No one says "wow, you're so straight" or "are you straight?!" Smiley LOL I don't understand the double standard that exists here.

Also, it's nice to see that other people feel the same with regard to labels and stereotypes. When I was younger, and freaking out about the thought of being attracted to guys, I thought that all gay people were like Tyler Oakley, and I was nothing like him, so I thought that I wasn't gay... reflecting on that I can now see how confused I was.

Another thing that I find irony in is that we live in a mostly free society, in Australia at least, yet it's almost an unspoken rule to have to categorise yourself into a specific box, characterised by specific requirements. I mean I do see how these labels give people direction and confidence, but I've often sat and thought "why am I a 'gay' human? Aren't I just a human who will eventually look for another human to share my life with?" I don't see how it differs because I prefer guys, the journey and aim is ultimately the same. I dunno, I feel like I'm complaining Smiley LOL

I was going to say something to the rest of what you said but I've gotten really tired suddenly and nEEd sleep now.

This is a great thread tho, so glad it was brought back up. I know that I rarely get the chance to express my thoughts on this topic.

Highlighted

thanks for the tag @mrmusic, I don't really know what to say but here we go

My name is Izzy, I'm 16, and I identify as bisexual, although I think I might be a lesbian. I like reading, and I have many gay otps such as solangelo and drarry due to the fact they make me feel represented and validated Smiley Happy Sadly, I live in a small town, which means minimal amounts of LGBTQ+ people, and high doses of homophobic old people. I've never met anyone from the community IRL (so forget having a girlfriend *cries lonely tears*), but I've found lots of acceptance online, especially in the Jessiepaege and Dan and Phil fandoms (you should 10/10 check out their YouTube channels). That's basically everything I guess *awkward finger guns*.

@Blurryphaced NO WAY Nico & Will? Drarry!? *Melts into a puddle of pure happiness* YAYAYAYA!

Oof big mood @annabethxchase 😂 

Yup Nico is a mood heh

We should start a Solangelo fan thread hehe

@mrmusic I’m bisexual but I’m attracted to boys more then girls, but I do have say it, the one I’m most attracted to is my bf, my bf he’s bisexual so he don’t care if I am too

@Cheeseburger thank you for sharing! Great to hear that you and your boyfriend are both supportive and open about your sexuality Heart