cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: LGBTQ Hello's!

@scared01 here’s some information about Demisexual: 

A demisexual is a person who does not experience sexual attraction unless they form an emotional connection. It's more commonly seen in, but by no means confined, to romantic relationships. The term demisexual comes from the orientation being "halfway between" sexual and asexual. Nevertheless, this term does not mean that demisexuals have an incomplete or half-sexuality, nor does it mean that sexual attraction without emotional connection is required for a complete sexuality.

When describing demisexuality as an orientation to sexuals, sexuals often mistake it as an admirable choice rather than an innate orientation. Demisexuals are not choosing to abstain; they simply lack sexual attraction until a close, emotional, relationship is formed.

hey @Cheeseburger i'm sorry to hear that you and your boyfriend split Smiley Sad that's sounds like a very rough situation to deal with right now. I just wanted to say i'm proud of you though, for finding a label that works for you and that you feel comfortable with Heart

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We had a live Getting Real chat to do with Self-positivity, on Monday the 21st of October! Smiley Very Happy Check it out here! Heart
Highlighted

@ecla34 it’s very painful that he left me bcuz of my sexuality, as I was willing to stick with him even tho he was, bisexual, but I’m trying to stay strong

@Cheeseburger that does sounds really painful, especially as you've been supportive of his sexuality. I really admire the courage you're showing Heart If you ever feel like you need some additional support from the community for your relationship, please feel welcome to make a thread to talk about it too xx

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We had a live Getting Real chat to do with Self-positivity, on Monday the 21st of October! Smiley Very Happy Check it out here! Heart

@ecla34 it’s painful bcuz I have no one who can see past my sexuality, well unless u count my ex/boyfriend, whose now my best best best best friend, I sent my ex boyfriend a msg last night and he hasn’t even read it😭😭💔💔 and what sucks the most is that he’s got a new girlfriend

Aww man @Cheeseburger, that doesn't sound fun at all. It is nice that you still are comfortable enough to stay close friends, and able to still keep a sense of humour. I think that's a really healthy mindset to tackle this with.

If you don't mind me asking, do you know why you might gravitate towards a really specific sexuality label, like demisexual? Just really interested I suppose, I come from a place where I'm hesitant to label how I am attracted, so I'm not that familiar with it all. Smiley LOL

@nyke the reason I label myself that is bcuz I have all the signs of being demisexual, I don’t like labelling myself either, but I’m attracted to guys, girls, transgenders, bisexuals, and pansexuals, which is another thing, that points to being demisexual

That's interesting @Cheeseburger! I would have thought they you could be gay / straight and still be attracted to trans / bi / pan people because they are still male / female or have strong male / female characteristics. It's really only the non-binary identity that doesn't fit that mold I think?

An interesting side thing that's sorta related; I follow some FtM trans people on YT and I noticed that I always find them quite attractive once they start tetosterone. [i]It makes sense[/i], but it's also a very weird change to observe. xD

I tend to become more attracted to FtM trans people a few months [i]after[/i] they start taking tetosterone

@nyke it’s painful as I keep losing my friends because of my sexuality, I only have one person whose stood by me, and that’s my best best friend

ik that I’m attracted to guys, girls and bisexuals, I just never realised I was attracted to pansexuals, or transgenders until now, it feels weird that I’m attracted to them, but I guess it’s what happens when I actually start paying attention to my sexuality

It’s painful as all I ever wanted was to fit into the world but I guess, I’m always going to be seen differently, it’s gonna be hard, I’m just glad that I have a place where I can explain how things are with my sexuality

Hey @Cheeseburger.

I know it can be hard to lose people for any reason, but especially when it is something you cannot change (nor should you have to!). Stay strong. You will eventually find your tribe and people who will accept you for who you are. 

Also, thank you for teaching me what demisexual was! I totally did not understand the definition until now. Smiley Happy