cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: LGBTQ Hello's!

Hi everyone!  I just discovered this chat and I LOVE IT!!  It's so good!!  I'm 14, I call myself bisexual, though I'm really pansexual, bi is just easier to explain.  I've been reading through this chat, there's so much encouraging stuff here!   

Highlighted

Hey @Ani_Faeth. Welcome to this thread - we're glad you like it Smiley Happy - and thanks for sharing Heart

Highlighted

Hi! I'm going to introduce myself. I'm 13, I identify as trans (FtM) but I haven't transitioned and my name and parents are the problem. When I came out as non-binary, my bestie helped me pick the name, Billie. I loved it at the time but now I'm second-guessing the name. My counsellor, friends and parents already call me Billie and I'm afraid of what might happen if I change it. I like the name Andi or Jessi or Nick or Theo, but I'm stuck! I've also told my parents about wanting to get top AND bottom surgery, but they don't seem like they're on board. They say that they support me but I don't think they do! They think that I don't understand what comes with being trans but I do! I also have dysphoria with like my hips and my b00bs and my facial structure, too! SOMEBODY HELP!!!!!!!!!

Highlighted

Hey @trans-boi

First of all, welcome to the community, I am so glad to see that you have found ReachOut to be a safe place to share some of how you're feeling and what you are going through Smiley Happy 

It sounds like you're dealing with a couple of tricky situations right now, which I am sure lots of people would be happy to discuss and share their input Smiley Happy When it comes to names, lots of trans people go through a similar process of trying to figure out which one feels right to them. It's ok to change your mind, and try to work out which name suits you best! Names are one of the largest and most visible parts of our identity, so it makes sense that we want to feel comfortable with them. Being open with those who are closest to you can help, as I think many people can understand how difficult it would be to settle on a name that feels right. 

When it comes to your parents and medical transitioning, it can be an incredibly tricky conversation to have. It sounds like your parents are supportive of your transition in other ways, so it might be worth talking to them about why they have reservations about getting top/bottom surgery. Potentially they might be hesitant about going for surgery now as you haven't finished puberty - having surgery now before your body has stopped growing, may mean that you have to have more surgery to correct some stuff later. It might be worth talking to them about other ways to medically transition, like HRT. While it's not perfect, have you tried other ways to help with your dysmorphia, like padding or binding? Have you found that this has helped in the past?

Highlighted

Hello @Andrea-RO !

Thanks for helping me out! It was very nice of you to mention some other things that could help, but I'm not allowed to do anything! I'm not allowed to bind, pack or receive HRT therapy Smiley Sad I'm meeting with my psychologist tomorrow so I'll bring it up with her.  Again, thank you SO much for your help with my problems Smiley Happy 

Highlighted

Hi @trans-boi! Welcome to the forums!
I'm sorry that you're not allowed to express your gender identity. Smiley Sad
But I hope everything goes well with your psychologist. Heart

Highlighted

Hi @trans-boi !  

That sounds really hard!  Glad to see you're going to see a psychologist though!  Hope things smooth out soon!!!  All the best!  

Highlighted

Hi guys. So I have a bit of an issue and I was wondering if any of you guys could help. 

So you see, I've recently come out to some of my closest friends as bisexual. And one of said friends told me she is too... and also that she has a crush on me. At the time, I told her I did too - this was only a few days ago - because I thought I did but now... I feel like I've made a terrible mistake. 

She struggles with depression and I know she's pretty insecure and I'm scared I'm going to hurt her too much if I tell her I was wrong and I don't actually like her in that way. I want to be friends still and I think she would too but I feel so terrible about this.

I'm sorry if this doesn't really fit in this chat but I need some support right now.

Highlighted

Oh yeah and by the way things are going way to quickly. She's really serious about it and she's told me she's liked me for years and ... it's just way too much. We're supposed to go on a date in a week or so and I don't know what to do.
Highlighted

Hey @BlueEleven 

That sounds really hard Smiley Sad    I had almost exactly the same situation the other day, one of my friends, who also struggles with depression and anxiety, said they have a crush on me, but I don't really like them in that way...  I just told them that I still really wanted to be friends, but I didn't have the same feelings for them.  I think they're coping, they still talk and joke, but I haven't had a serious conversation with them yet.  Just want to wish you the best!  I don't have much advice, but do what you think is best!  (I know that's not super helpful! Smiley Sad sorry!)  All the best!