cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: LGBTQ Hello's!

Hey @BlueEleven , that sounds really tough - do you think you can just be really honest with her and just say pretty much what you've said here, that things have moved really fast for you and you're not sure if your feelings are the same as hers? 

Check out our community activities calendar for August 2020 here
Highlighted

Hi @Janine-RO 

Thanks for your message! I decided to tell her. And she says she can’t be friends anymore because I hurt her too much. I don’t know how to express how miserable I am right now. She’s the only friend I’ve ever had that I can talk seriously with and I’ve told her more about myself than I’ve ever told anyone else. Ever. And now I’ve lost her. I told her “okay, I understand” and that I was sorry and she said maybe we could talk because she likes being my friend. What should I do when I see her at school? My plan is to avoid her because she said she needs space. What should I do now?

Highlighted

Hey @Ani_Faeth
Thanks for taking the time to reply! That sounds really hard and I get what you’re going through. I wish I could’ve just realised I didn’t like her in that way at the start and saved us both all the pain. But now I’ve just ruined everything.
Highlighted

Hello @BlueEleven, I am sorry to hear that you are feeling miserable. I think it was really brave of you to be so honest when telling her how you have been feeling. Hopefully she might feel a bit different about your relationship after a bit of time. Just as you are feeling miserable and possibly unsure, she will be feeling a lot of emotions right now too. Heart

It sounds like being around her at school might be challenging for you. It might be a good idea to give her some space as you suggested, as it seems like something that would suit you both best for now. Hopefully you can reconnect with her soon and stay friends as it sounds like you have had a good relationship so far. Please feel free to keep us updated Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Hey @BlueEleven 

That seriously sucks!  But I guess you made the best of a lose-lose situation, huh?  I think you have to be a very strong person to tell your friends how you're feeling, and an even stronger one to deal with the consequences of that, but know that we're all here for you!  The feeling that you get when you feel like you've lost someone close to you is terrible, but you can talk about your issues here if you feel comfortable with it, or with someone you trust if not.  One of my favourite quotes is; 'Be strong, because things will get better.  It may be stormy now, but it never rains forever.'  It's sorta cliche, but it's one of the things that's kept me going.  Stay strong!

Highlighted

@Ani_Faeth @Sophia-RO 

Thank you guys so much for your support! 

She hasn't been at school the last few days and so things have been good with my other friends, but I'm terrified that when she comes back she might tell them and they turn against me. I'm also pretty annoyed now that I've had time to think about it. I really don't feel like I should be in the wrong here since I told her how I was feeling and I was honest and I'm getting a little bit annoyed that she's the one calling the shots about whether we can still be friends. I guess she feels she has the right since she says she's "pissed and kinda heartbroken" but I hate that she can make me feel like this. 

Honestly though thank you so much for taking the time to help me out here, it means so much since I can't really talk about it with anyone else a) because it would mean coming out to way more people than I'm ready for and b) because it's pretty embarrassing for both of us and I don't think she'd be very happy if I told anybody.

Highlighted

She's calling me my full name. This hurts so much I feel numb. I can't afford to lose another friend.

Highlighted

Hey @BlueEleven 

That really sucks.  It makes sense that you should have equal say in deciding friendships, but both points of view are valid I guess.  I mean, she probably feels hurt, and you probably feel melancholy and sad (just my guesses).  I guess both feelings are completely valid and you both have your own, completely separate, feelings.  I had yet another situation just like this again yesterday Smiley Sad  Yeah I get how much it sucks!  I was in your position, and I'm feeling like I lost a friend.  I mean, they still talk to me, but it's not the same, you know?  Always happy to talk and listen!  I completely get that you don't want to tell a bunch of people, and again, just know that we're all here for you!  Hugs to all, and have a great night!

Highlighted

@Ani_Faeth I’m so sorry to hear that! Would you like to talk about your situation?

I totally get how it’s just not the same. I mean, we send memes to the group chat and chat a bit, but it’s not the same at all.

I’m kind of scared though. She wants to talk soon. A few days ago she said she would talk when she was back at school at that could be any day now. I have no idea what to say and I just don’t want to have to deal with this. The thing is I want to be friends with her and I would give so much to go back in time and fix this, but I’m scared to face the consequences and I’m scared to have to dig up the pain again after I spent the last few days burying it away and ignoring it.
Highlighted

Sorry to hear that you are having some issues with your friend @BlueEleven. I think you are well within your rights to feel how you want to feel about the situation. I hope that her feelings about the situation change soon so that you can have an honest discussion with her about what has happened and what should happen at school with your friends. Hopefully time will be able to help the relationship you have with her.

I am sorry that you are feeling hurt and numb. Are you able to do anything tonight that can help you feel a bit better? Heart