cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Legalizing Gay Marriage

Can I say I don't agree with gay marriage or will I just get banned

@pandality , you're not going to get banned! Everyone is entitled to there own opinions, and i doubt you'll find one thing that everyone agrees on ever. I'm gladder you have the conviction to stand by you opinion than you just go with it because others do.

pandality: you can say you don't agree with marriage equality but you can not resort to prejudice and discrimination to try and prove your point like you did in your last post.

If you speak like that again (IE using stereotypes, myths and derogatory language) in here you will be banned. 

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

I don't see what I did wrong last time, I just put the reasoning behind my views. I tend to like when people explain their beliefs and not just rely on feelings.

When faced upon this subject, i will always have a heated debate with the person next to me (which usually is my mum or dad). Now before i met my beautiful girlfriend i thought i was gay, i thought this because of past events that weren't by choice. Even when i met my gf i still thought i was gay, i was about to say that i was bi until she kissed me and i just knew instantly that i wasn't a homosexual. Not many people have been through what i have. But my parents nor my gf knew i thought i was gay. But i believe to this day in human rights. To this day i beleive in equal love. As macklemore said "no freedom till we're equal, damn right i support it" and I nearly live by that saying in this debate. 

We are equal, what they want is a different equality. You see people don't take into account what's best for society, and I don't think gay marriage is in it's best interests. I'll explain if you guys promise not to get to worked up.

pandality: Merely having reasons is not enough to validate a position. Also, please don't try to explain your reasoning for your last post. I realise that this means you aren't given any room in explaining your point of view but I have doubts that you can do so without resorting to prejudicial or discriminatory language.

I don't just have reasons, I have have counter reasons to other points of view, I haven't just taken this stance because it feels right, I have thought long and hard about it and done much research. I don't think it would count as 'prejudicial or discriminatory language' in the normal sense of the term but I understand that people may be more sensitive here then I am so if you don't won't to hear it then I won't say it.

@pandality wrote:
We are equal, what they want is a different equality.

I can't begin to describe just how wrong this sentence is for so many reasons.

I'm for gay marriage. If anything, it is a good thing not only for our society but for the world. Many people don't realise but the human population is rising very rapidly, and guess what? Gays can't have kids naturally together, so even if it is just a tiny bit, it is lowering the birth rate. Because they can't have kids naturally, many choose the option to adopt which takes kids with no parents who can care for them into homes with parents, even if they are of the same sex. Marriage can make it more likely for these couples to be able to adopt (I have heard that it is prefered for children to be adopted by married couples?) And if you do research, kids don't need a mum and dad, they need a good female and male role model in their life. Also, it doesn't make marriage any less meaningful for straight couples. Gay marriage isn't about only gays getting married, it is about everyone being able to, so therefore NOTHING WILL CHANGE for heterosexual people except that their gay friends will have the ability to partake in something as special as they have. Marriage will remain the same for heterosexuals, so what's the big deal? It is just denying happiness to other human beings.

The majority of our society believes it is inevitable anyway, yet some still try to put it off. There really is no point to it.