cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Let's Chat: Happy Mardi Gras!

gay pride lgbt GIF

ReachOut wants to wish the community a very happy Mardi Gras!

As the weekend approaches and people come together to celebrate what the day means to them, we wanted to open up a discussion about the different ways you can celebrate pride. 

The LGBTIQA+ acronym covers so many unique people and identities. With that in mind, it’s worth mentioning that not everyone celebrates by partying and watching the parade. So that everyone can get involved in a way that suits them we have made a little list of a few things you can do this Mardi Gras.  

Host a Pride Movie Night 

My favourite pride movie is “Milk” -  but there are so many movies and T.V series you can binge watch over the weekend if you feel like staying at home and celebrating in comfort. 

What’s your favourite queer film? 

Fly your flag high! 

If it’s your thing, find a pride or trans flag and hang it up somewhere. It’s a small way of showing solidarity with the queer community. 

Spend time with loved ones 

Surround yourself with your LGBTIQA+ family and friends. It can be a nice time to reflect on how far we have come as a community and share that love with someone special to you. 

Attend an event 

This time of year there are a ton of community events! From art shows to interesting talks. 

Volunteer your time 

All year round there are LGBTIQA+ organisations that you can get involved with to give back to the community.

Feel free to add to the list or tell us how you’re celebrating this weekend 

gay pride rainbow GIF by Julie Winegard

Highlighted

Re: Let's Chat: Happy Mardi Gras!

@Bre-RO I'm going to a straight relative's wedding - it seems to happen every time Smiley Tongue

Highlighted

im going to a mardi gras screening!!!!!! super super exciteddd

Pride is all year round for me, anyway, so I'm not doing anything special. Smiley Tongue

In all serious, I consider the local parades near me to be my Pride. I was going to go to Sydney for the Mardi Gras but I didn't end up getting tickets, so hopefully some time in the future! I've also got the live stream up and am waiting for the parade to start. Smiley Very HappyHeart

Highlighted

Hey @Tiny_leaf @rainbowpotato @Hozzles 

I hope you all got to spend a moment to feel super proud of our queer community this weekend - but as you said @Hozzles there is so much to be proud of all year round!! 

love is love lgbt GIF by BuzzFeed Animation

Highlighted

hope everyone had a beautiful and safe weekend! Heart

gay pride love GIF by jewlybeads

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We had a Live Getting Real chat on What Success Looks Like To You on Monday the 23rd of March! Smiley Very Happy Check it out here! Heart
Highlighted

Oh! I'm late to the party. I thought I'd just pop in as it was really fun! I was part of the march!