cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after yourself during crazy times

I have been working long days and then rushing to get trade school work done because if I can get everything completed by next month I am done with the theory component of my apprenticeship and I am officially a 4th year and on my way to being fully qualified, when I'm not working I have been going to classes or sitting down with my teachers and tutors, apart from on the weekends that's been consuming my every waking moment. I need to get school over and done with and not drag it out longer than I have to otherwise I will quit. It is taking a lot of physical and emotional eneryg to do this and I think that's made worse by the fact that it takes me a little longer to learn some things, I find it real hard and this book work stuff doesn't suit me very well. Basically just wanted to make a thread to see if anyone has any ideas or something that I can do to keep myself from getting snowed under and throwing in the towel
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

Re: Looking after yourself during crazy times

@j95 I think it's tough especially when you are so closed to being qualified. You are at the tail end, and it starts to feel tedious. I felt that way in year 12, I just wanted it over. The way I dealt with it was to give myself something to look forward on the weekends, be it a catch up with friends or some TV time. This kind of motivated me to keep going. 

Only halfway through all this and I feel like i can't do it anymore just spent my lunch break going over stuff
Also @Ben-RO why is there an admin called BinChicken

Haha it's one of the staff here. She's doing some work on ranks... i have no idea why she called herself @binchicken... might have to change it at some stage, but i'm too busy laughing at the moment Smiley Tongue 

Nah don't it's hilarious @Ben-RO I thought it might of been you seems like something you would do haha Smiley Tongue

Thanks @Karinaskii
Yeah I guess I have been trying to schedule stuff outside of trade school and work but my brain keeps going to back to it
Did surfing comp on weekend though that was good
Now im back to it all, doesn't help that trade school makes me want to kill myself

Almost 4th year? That's great! you're on the home stretch! My Brother is in a similar position and can't wait for it all to be over. 
It's great that you're working so hard to get everything done. I usually set time limits or work load limits when I have lots to do or lots to remember with my uni work and then give myself a reward. For example, I might set myself a 2 hour exam study goal and then I'm allowed to go by my favourite chocolate and have a little break.

Also! What I do to avoid getting snowed under by all of the work is I set myself daily limits of how much work I would like to go through or complete that way I know I am on track. 
For example, if I have a 2,000 word essay and two weeks to do it, I like to do 300 words each day to make sure I have enough time for editing and don't leave it till the last minute.

@amywells21 What trade is he doing? 

If I can get all my work done I don't have to go back there ever again. Part of my problem is that I messed up so many assessments and stuff that it's kind of time to fix and catch up on everything and I'm literally the dumbest person to ever go to my trade school so lol 

Highlighted

@j95Painting and Design! Or something along those lines..lol he paints houses and while he enjoys the work, it's tough. 
Keep persisting! You've come so far and you should be proud of that.