cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Looking for help

Hi everyone,
I'm really just after advice and maybe someone to talk to without judgement or bias..
Ever since I was little I had a short temper which lead to outbursts of anger and sometimes I'd lash out. It faded from about 14-18 years old and now that things in my life are stressing me, it's back and the main victim of my lashing out is my boyfriend who I've been wirh for 18 months. I'm not making excuses for my behaviour but our relationship is Rocky at times. sometimes I think we just aren't suited and there's so many things that he says he will try and do to help us (like not go out to the pub on the only night we have together because we both work crazy hours). I feel like my biggest trigger is his words not following his actions. If that makes sense?
He told me I need help, that he thinks I have depression. I don't know if he's right or not.. I'm not ruling it out. But I feel like I'm just tired of empty promises... any thoughts? Thankyou for taking the time to read this
Highlighted

Re: Looking for help

Hey @Cupid123 and thank you for sharing this part of your story with us. This is the place to come for acceptance - no judgement here, just support.

You mentioned that the anger is back because now things are stressing you, could you tell me a bit more about that? Maybe if we can talk through some of those things, it might ake the anger more mangeable?

If you suspect you'd have depression, I'd advise seeing a GP who'll be able to refer you to a mental health professional. Even if you don't have depression, talking things through with a counsellor could be a way of helping you address what you're going through. What do you reckon? 

// Spiral outward, keep going. //