cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Highlighted

Loss of a best friend

IMG_0288.jpg

Friday, mine and Bailee's hearts are absolutely broken, we are missing our best mate so so much. You came into my life and offered me an outstanding amount of joy and support every single day.
Who will Bailz chase in the park or dig holes with at my work? Our beach trips are going to be much much quieter this year. 
It is so lonely here without you Friday, but I know you're not in pain anymore. Keep smiling and enjoy life up in pet heaven because you deserve all the happiness in the entire world Heart Heart Heart

Love, Jay. HeartHeart

πŸΆπŸ˜žπŸ˜“πŸ˜­πŸ’•

The above picture is my dog Friday, a 9 year old black labrador. I adopted him from the pound as a present for myself when I turned 18 and left the care system. He didn't have a proper name at the pound, only a nickname type of one so they could identify him. So I called him Friday because Fridays are often associated with good feelings and I knew good feelings were on their way. 

I'll never forget when he and Bailee escaped out of my yard and ended up at my worksite a couple of streets over.

I have another dog, Bailee, they have both been the light of my life for the last couple of years, I don't know where I would be without their love, cuddles and perfect listening skills. 

Unfortunately on Thursday morning as I was getting ready to take both of them to work with me, Friday ran onto the road and in front of a car. On Friday morning he was put to sleep, being an older dog his body would not be able to cope with the damage done and he would live the rest of his life very unhappy and in extreme pain, which is not fair. 

My heart is broken, I've lost a best mate, a lifesaver, a cuddle buddy, a family member. No words can describe how much he meant to me and how broken and lonely it feels without him. I'll never forget him, he came into my life at a very difficult time and was there every single day with a huge smile. 

Smiley Sad Smiley Sad Heart Heart

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

Re: Loss of a best friend

@j95 that's deep dude. Real deep.

Do you think this has helped you feel a bit better after your loss?

I really am just speechless, I don't know what to say.

It's just so beautifully written and meaningful.

Hey @j95

Agreeing with @FootyFan26 here. That was beautiful and well-written. 

Friday sounds like a great and dear pal to you. Pets are awesome and they definitely do bring wonderful joy into our lives. 

Thank you for sharing the history you had together! Take care Heart

Our thoughts are with you Jay, you and Bailee. <3

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

That was beautiful @j95 thank you for sharing that with us. 

Thoughts are with you and Bailee <3

That was a beautiful and heartfelt post about an amazing friend @j95.

Sending support for you and Bailee Heart

I'm so sorry for your an Bailee's loss @j95 Smiley Sad My thoughts are with both of you.

Friday sounds like he was such an awesome dog and I know that for all the happiness and joy he brought you, you gave back in return, allowing Friday to have an incredible life!

Hi @j95, Sorry to hear about the sad news of Friday's accident. He sounds like he was an awesome companion for you, and also a best buddy to Bailee. Thanks for taking the time to post such a heartwarming tribute to Friday.

Good memories and his chapter in your lives will always be remembered for the love and fun he added.

Great friendships remain forever... Smiley Happy

Hello @j95,

It is said that "it is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all". I am sure that for however short of a time your dog had spent with you, it was possibly the best time of his life. He was happy. As long as you hold the memories of him and look back at it with a smile, he will always be with you. Right now remembering all the fun moments you have together is painful and true the pain will only lessen over time but not ever go away, but i believe that in the future you will be able to look back fondly and that the memories will bring you happiness instead. Funny how hearts are often compared to glass, and so, hearts are made to be broken. But like glass, it can me melted down, reshaped and grown back stronger. He loves you and would rather you smile than cry over him. So please @j95, be strong and be happy for both you and your dog, i am sure wherever he is, he would wish that for you. 

We are all supporting you.

Winter_Rain 

Announcements
Share what's on your mind:
Head here to start a topic

Not sure where to start?:
Head here and say hi!
Users Online
Currently online: 3 members 150 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members:
Top High Fived Authors