cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medication and happiness

Hey everyone,

i have started a new medication that just isn't agreeing with me at the moment so I am feeling a bit down in the dumps but should be on track soon.

does anyone have any tips on how to stay optimistic in these short periods of time where you can't really change anything??

thanks!

Re: Medication and happiness

Hey Ali818 

Well I dont really take medication but I hope you feel better soon 

I think do something that makes you happy Smiley Happy do a little dance, do some karaoke, watch comedy, play a game or watch a movie Smiley Happy 

Hi Ali,

Have you talked to the doc about this medication? Or is it perhaps just a waiting game until you get used to it?? It can be hard getting used to new medications.

In terms of dealing with feeling down and trying to stay optimistic, do you know much about mindfulness? There's a great fact sheet here: http://au.reachout.com/What-is-mindfulness
Hope some of these tips help Smiley Happy

JD

Hey Ali,

It can be really tough starting new medications, especially if you get side effects! Often the waiting game is really tough!

Are you able to distract yourself in some way? Find a way to keep your mind off the medication and focus on something fun that you enjoy? Spend some time with friends or family, start a new hobby. I also find things like making sure you are eating healthy and exercising regularly can help with adjusting to new meds. Smiley Happy

If things don't get better (and really in general), please chat to the prescribing doctor. It's important they know how the medication is affecting you.

Take care, Ali.

MM.

Exercise realises endorphins Smiley Happy))))))))

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the suggestions. I have been keeping busy and surrounding myself with family so I have been coping.

The medication is starting to settle now so it isn't so bad.

Ali818

thanks for the update Smiley Happy glad to hear things are finally settling

Highlighted

Glad to hear things have settled a bit. Smiley Happy
Keep your chin up! Smiley Happy

Hey Ali,

Glad to hear it's settling down. Starting medications isn't very fun as side effects can come but they usually wear off after the first initial few days.

Take care.