cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mind - Body - Spirit

This is a little similar to the 'What makes you beautiful' thread - but I noticed that a lot of people focus on a way they relate to others or something in their personality. So here's a challenge - think of:

1. One thing about your mind that you love

2. One thing about your body/physical appearance that you love

3. One thing about your soul/spirit that you love.

Go on, I KNOW you can do it! Smiley Very Happy

Re: Mind - Body - Spirit

I'd better go first, huh?

1. I love the way my brain can think strategically and solve big-picture problems - it gives me great career opportunities Smiley Very Happy

2. I love my EYES - they're a really pale green and totally unique and a little weird.

3. I love that I'm a BELIEVER. I believe in faeries and a lot of things that others would say are childish. But I choose to see the world through childlike eyes - it's much more fun that way. It leads to a lot of condescending attitudes, but I think it's those people who are the silly ones that just don't get it Smiley Wink

What an awesome idea for a thread Jay-Dee!

One thing about your mind that you love

I love the way my brain understands language. Understanding the conventions of the english language (and learning other languages) is something I am quite good at, and as a result I am pretty good writer, which is super useful at uni.

One thing about your body/physical appearance that you love

My hair! I have naturally auburn coloured hair and I love it because it is a fairly unique colour that not many people have. I used to hate it when I was little because no on else had hair like mine, but I've grown to love it. It's also really thick and wavy and when I don't straighten it often reminds me of a lion's mane Smiley Tongue

One thing about your soul/spirit that you love (this a tough one!)

I love that I am still persistent even when things are not going so great for me and I am doubting my self. Having a persistent spirit has kept me going a lot of times when things have felt insurmountable which is a really great thing. It allows me to push past the negative thoughts in my head and do the things I want to do, which usually has very good outcomes. Smiley Happy

This was actually surprisingly challenging Jay-Dee!

I love that I think about the bigger picture and before I do anything I think of how this will affect me and the consequences in doing so. I have programmed my mind to think about my wellbeing and to care for myself in everything I do Smiley Happy 

I love my curvy figure, I think my body is beautiful and being an African female, I embrace my body, my hips, my thighs everything and all the flaws in my body because as long as I am healthy then I'm happy Smiley Happy 

I love that I always want to help and do what I can to make others happy, I have the spirit of a child and being happy and positive and make others around me happy makes me feel good Smiley Happy

I love that I've always been able to learn and grasp things quickly, no matter how it's been taught.

I love that my hair is wavy and naturally enhances my appearance. I don't do anything to it and it's possibly my most complimented feature.

I love that I'm not content with being 'okay' or mediocre, instead I have standards and an expectation of myself that inspires and motivates me to aim for what I actually want.

The third one kept me thinking for ages haha! There's something about the 'soul/spirit' that's so hard to distinguish, but certainly good to.