cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Mindfulness (A story)

Great thread Tempus Smiley Very Happy

I've got two little boys so I find it easy to get flustered and frustrated when they're fighting/crying/having a tantrum/demanding things/trying to dress them  get them out the door... so at a lot of points throughout the day! So in these moments I try to not get frustrated about what I'm trying to do and just be in the moment and deal with it.

Kids are naturally so mindful - when they can't find their batman costume it really is every bit as catastrophic as they are acting, haha! So anyway it's been a helpful coping tactic for me and definitely helps me be a slightly improved parent!

While I'm at it - here's a little video that I love called One Moment Meditation that I thought people in this thread might enjoy:

http://youtu.be/F6eFFCi12v8

Highlighted

Yeah, I bet being able to calm yourself in that kind of situation would be an amazing skill Smiley Very Happy.

Great video Smiley Very Happy.

I remember learning things very similar to that video from smiling mind. Quite a good site.

Link: http://smilingmind.com.au/
Highlighted

Just a quick update.

Again tonight I had sparing at boxing and I used the same technique for mindfulness and it worked! Again! My trainer said to me that was some of the best movement he has seen from me and I was really relaxed and composed in the ring!

It worked again! Smiley Very Happy.

Also I used mindfulness in my 3 hour, 3 essay, English exam. It kept me from feeling over whelmed and I got through each essay on time and I felt proud of each one! Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted

Really happy that you used it during the exam!! It works wonders doesn't it. Well you can't stop now.
Highlighted

Don't plan to! I got several more exams to do and I am going to be using during them Smiley Very Happy.

It also made my methods exam fun because I wasn't getting stressed out and I was just solving problems Smiley Very Happy.
Highlighted

I just downloaded the Smiling Mind app today Smiley Very Happy I also like using the website meditate.ly - some people think it's a bit strange to get a group together and meditate at a computer... but hey I like it!

Highlighted

Mindfullness is great for exams! I usually find it very hard to concentrate for 3 hours and sometimes I space off and lose 10-15mins - which isn't a great strategy. But this year I actually concentrated on each question (rather than continually checking the time) and stayed in the moment. Not only did it mean I finished well before time but time didn't drag on as it usually did and before I knew it the exam was over Smiley Happy
Highlighted

That sounds amazing Dilz! Great work!
Highlighted

I find writting a diary a good mindfulness activity

I find writting a diary a good mindfulness activity 

Highlighted

Re: I find writting a diary a good mindfulness activity

Sounds interesting Smiley Happy. Could you explain?

Like, what do you write in the diary? How often? What effect does it have on you?