cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moments where you just cant be bothered

Please tell me that you guys have some days where you just dont want to do anything..? I just dont have the energy and everything feels a bit too much. I sort of... dont care, in a way. Just want to know I'm not the only one.

-------------------------
Don't wait for the perfect moment. Take the moment and make it perfect!

Re: Moments where you just cant be bothered

@MJG you are definitely not the only one. Everyone has days where they don't want to do anything. I have days like that too, more than I would like to, where I just lie down and watch cartoons because I just don't want to do anything. It's good to have break days though, we all need a break sometimes.

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

Absolutely, @MJG !

I am having one of those days today myself.

I came home because I have a few hours between clients and instead of doing the housework or preperation for work I am watching Doc Martin. The energy is not quite there...

Im trying to convince myself to be brave and go for a walk. Sometimes that helps give me a little more oompf to get through the rest of the day. After I have allowed myself to rest a bit first of course Smiley Wink

Is there anything you like to do to give yourself an energy boost? @MJG @N1ghtW1ng
|| Life runs in cycles, the wheel never stops turning, no matter how dark the night morning comes, no matter how cold the winter, spring comes. When you feel despair know that the wheel is turning, joy will come. ||

@ClCl@N1ghtW1ng Oh ThankGOD! I'm definitely having one of those days, but I have a feeling it might last a week Smiley Sad

I usually go for a walk too @ClCl or I clean (weird i know!)

Cleaning also makes me feel a bit more upbeat, sadly it is just the thing I am feeling overwhelmed and unmotivated about at the moment @MJG Smiley Sad

Cleaning always makes me feel productive
|| Life runs in cycles, the wheel never stops turning, no matter how dark the night morning comes, no matter how cold the winter, spring comes. When you feel despair know that the wheel is turning, joy will come. ||

@ClCl @MJG Going for walks sounds like a good thing, but I hate always having to put on a bra. Plus I have a bad ankle that hates me doing any exercise Smiley Tongue I'm actually really bad at remotivating myself and have these days that do last weeks, with breaks for when I have things to do like ju jitsu or uni or work.

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

@MJG yep! I have days like this! It's definitely okay to just feel like that sometimes too, even for a whole week i reckon.

Are you worried about it?

worrying about a few things @Ben-RO, i guess this would be one. Sort of feels like i'm failing in a way. Like I should not feel bad or unmotivated etc. I think I'm just scared it will lead to a downward spiral with my mental health- and I dont want that.

Has this kind of feeling been the beginning of a downward spiral in the past @MJG?

It doesn't sound at all like you're failing to me. Even if it is a downward spiral and you are living with clinical depression or similar, that is not your fault. It does suck, though, and I can understand how frustrating and exhausting it must be to even contemplate.

Hey @MJG

You are so excellent at giving support to other members of RO, including myself so I think you've been really brave to make a post looking to receive some support yourself. 

I think what you've described is quite common, its ok to have days or weeks where you just can't do anything and have no energy. 

You mentioned a downward spiral and I'm wondering if you think these feelings you've described are symptoms of something that has gone on in the past and is perhaps a little less intense now...?

I'm really taking a stab in the dark here so let me know if thats not quite right. I really want to help but I want to make sure I'm getting it right. 

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//