cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Motivational Quote!

I have 2 unknown but great quotes:

'Rock bottom is good solid ground, a dead end is just a place to turn around.'- Unknown

'I will always be in your life, for as long as you chose to keep me there.' - Unknown (this is a great pick-me-up when I am feeling the world has left me behind) 

@Jaz: Love the JOhn Lennon one too! That was my background on my laptop for so long!!

I got two metal plarks today, and I love the quotes

"everything will be okay in the end. if it's not the end, it's not okay"

"if at first you don't succeed. Redefine success."

I love the second Smiley Very Happy

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

“Twenty years from now you will be more disapointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail aw ay from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. - Mark Twain

I saw this as a gif on tumblr and it really made me think about how I go about my life. It was in a speech given by J.K Rowling (I don't know where though)

"It is impossible to live without failing at something. Unless you lived so cautiously that you might not have lived at all. In which case you fail by default."

Pip

This is a long one but I just adore it. It makes me smile whenever I read it no matter how I am feeling at the time.

“I've learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow. I've learned that you can tell a lot about a person by the way he/she handles these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights. I've learned that regardless of your relationship with your parents, you'll miss them when they're gone from your life. I've learned that making a "living" is not the same thing as making a "life." I've learned that life sometimes gives you a second chance. I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back. I've learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart, I usually make the right decision. I've learned that even when I have pains, I don't have to be one. I've learned that every day you should reach out and touch someone. People love a warm hug, or just a friendly pat on the back. I've learned that I still have a lot to learn. I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”

Hi Pip!
Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I love the quote Smiley Happy - especially the last line!

Hope to see you around here more Smiley Happy
Highlighted

@dilz - I love that one by JK Rowling!

I found this quote just today:
"You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because you're all the same."

And this is probably one of my all time favourite quotes, I'm not sure if it can be classed as motivational, but it just makes me smile so much:
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you'll be a mile away from them, and you'll have their shoes."
Smiley Very Happy

graphiqual: Hahaha yea I love that quote. Both clever and funny.

This one by anon that I've know since I was a teenager: "If life gives you lemons, send them on back and ask what else ya got!" A lot of people see a negative connotation within it but I like that in insists a challenge and challenges are my friends.

The second is one you've probably all heard before. I don't know the origin but I first heard it from Matthew Johnston: "This too shall pass." It couldn't be more true!

These last few are ones mostly from Buddhism. I looked up the exact quotes because I condense them in my mind and here they deserve to be showcased in full.

"If you don't love yourself, you can not love others... If you have no compassion for yourself then you are not able to show compassion for others" HH Dalai Lama (This one is much longer but I did respectfully condense it).

"Do not dwell on the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment" The Buddah

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” - Albus Dumbledore

I love that one. It take it to mean that the choice to try is more important than being the best at something, which is a really good reminder for me Smiley Happy