cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Motivational Quote!

Worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do but doesn't get you anywhere Smiley Happy

Don't run from a challenge. Instead run toward it because the only way to escape fear is to trample it beneath your feet. -Nadia Comaneci

"You’re focusing on the problem. If you focus on the problem, you can’t see the solution. Never focus on the problem!” - Arthur Mendelson

A reminder to be kind to yourself:

“The world will knock you down plenty. You don’t need to be doing it to yourself.”
— Elizabeth Scott

Forever is composed of nows.
~Emily Dickenson

Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.

- Thomas A. Edison

Hi Jaz. 

Loving this post, I think it's great to share stuff like this, even with friends and family.

I know for me personally, during my VCE exams I had a whole list of motivational quotes on my wall next to my study notes. That really was good to just look up at during a break and when I got back into the study I hadn't lost any focus.

I'll give you two that I find really motivational in that it reminds me of the way I should (and do!) act in everyday life:

"Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared." This is one credited to Bhudda.

And my second one is from Love Actually, the opening monolouge by Hugh Grant's character:

"Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often, it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends.

When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know, none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion... love actually is all around."

I use ths quote like a mantra whenever things get tough:

"This too shall pass" - Gandalf (and possibly an old Persian proverb, but Gandalf does it better)

This quote I read the other day really hit me.

"The only thing to fear is fear itself"

By Franklin D. Roosevelt.

Oh that reminds me of my favourite quote about fear:

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than it"