cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My beautiful daughter (Trigger Warning)

Today is my daughters 2nd birthday and for me this is a really significant day. I was raped by my boyfriend at the time and after the abuse I suffered from my father, my boyfriend doing this put me in an even worse state. My daughters birth was a changing point in my life. She was suddenly my main focus. I always say that she is the sole reason I'm still here today. She has helped me see that beautiful things can come from horrible situations.

Re: My beautiful daughter

hi @lonelyandinsane,

Wow, what a special day it is today-  Happy birthday to your beautiful daughter!!
Thank you so much for sharing this with us, you must be so so proud to reach this milestone with your daughter. You sound like a beautiful mum, who cares deeply about her, and she is lucky to have you. 

I can't imagine what you've been through with your father, and boyfriend - what's happened to you is awful.
It's incredible to hear how much your daughter has changed your life. Thank you for sharing such a profound reality  - that beautiful things can come from horrible situations.  Heart  Heart

Re: My beautiful daughter (Trigger Warning)

Hi @lonelyandinsane following on from @gina-RO happy birthday to your daughter! I'm so sorry to hear what has happened and it sounds like you have been able to overcome an awful experience and that your daughter has made such a positive impact on your life. I've included a "trigger warning" on the title of this thread so other users are aware that the content may contain things that are triggering for them. Thank you for being so courageous and sharing this with our RO community Heart

hey @lonelyandinsane im sos sorry that happened to you. your daughter is really lucky to have you.  

im glad youve reached out for some supports here. how have you bene helping yourself today?

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**
Highlighted

Hi @lonelyandinsane
I'm really sorry that happened to you Smiley Sad
I'm really glad that you have such a beautiful daughter whom you care for so much though Heart

I cant even begin to imagine how hard that was. Its pretty amazing how beautiful things can come out of painful circumstances, yes. life is so surprising and unpredictable and refreshing that way. Your daughter is blessed to have you. Happy belated birthday to her!!! Hope you both enjoyed the day. Be well Smiley Happy