cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: New Member

Welcome to the forums @Zygarde_Master ! 

I loved reading all about your interests, you're certainly very eloquent and well written. I'm sorry that you feel loneliness sometimes, that really sucks. I know for me personally when I was your age, I certainly felt loneliness too - sometimes with friends as well.

Can I ask, do you feel as if you have a few good, true friends around you? I'm just asking because when I was in my final year of high school, I had a lot of friends but found out the next year that the real, true friends will stick with you through the tough times and that really helped me get through a lot. Do you have any plans for university? 

P.S. - I just looked up The Alan Parsons Project & currently listening! Reminds me of the movie, the Breakfast Club. Thoroughly enjoying it Smiley LOL

I have a few true friends but they are not always around due to being busy with part time jobs. Others live too far away. I know these friends will always stick around but with this final year, I’m waiting it out. Because at the end of the day you’re here to learn and become successful right?

I am a bit nervous to check at the courses but I would like to do a drama course. I will take a year off to prepare myself because I have trouble with change and need a push.

I’m glad you’re giving Alan Parsons a go! Not many people I know enjoy that artist!

Great to hear you have a few true friends! My two best friends are from high school and we met when we were 13/14 years old and I'm in my early twenties Smiley Wink I do agree with you about school being about learning and being successful, but it's also an opportunity to make some lifelong friendships and find yourself along the way. 

I understand your nervousness about looking at courses, I jumped straight into one after high school as I was getting pressured from my parents. I wish I had taken the year off too! Have you been to any career expos or anything like that? When I went to one it made me feel a little less nervous about uni and more knowledgable about my options. 

Highlighted

No I have been to any expos, what are they like?

Basically, the universities in your area would set up stalls where you can talk to someone from the university about what it's like to be a student there and the courses they offer. I think it's a good way to get a feel for what the university stands for, especially if you're wanting to study the arts - then you would probably look at a university that specializes in the arts and has good facilities for it. If there isn't a career expo near you, have you thought about attending a Uni open day? They basically open their doors for possible future students so you can learn about what they offer. Plus there's usually info books and little freebies which is a bonus! Smiley LOL

I've been to an expo before... last year. There were stalls for the Universities all around the area, and others, like: Ambulance, Police, Horse riding, etc. With all the level certs you can get. Plus some little freebies too. I'm still too young to think about this stuff, but I know what I want to do when I get to Uni.

Idk @Zygarde_Master...
I don't really like movies in general either. And I have too many siblings that would have to come too. I think...