cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

New Years Resolutions

Is anyone making a New Years Resolution this year? Do you find them easier to keep or is it just more uneccesary pressure?

Highlighted

Re: New Years Resolutions

I have never bothered with a news years resolution. I've always been put off by the media coverage about people not being able to sustain the resolution and the jokes about them not lasting....

THough I'm half thinking about trying to this year, not sure yet

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Highlighted

I dont always stick to my resolutions and I've learnt from the past to keep from being disappointed I set realistic goals that are small and easy to achieve and if I dont achieve them then I wont feel too disappointed. Smiley Happy 

Oh! I was going to make a thread like this but closer to new years.

I love this because I actually achieved them this year!!! I know I set out to lose weight at the start of the year as well become a better programmer, and I did just that. I have lost a lot of weight, I'd say how much but I am not sure if I am allowed to. I also am a much better programmer now as I am much more familiar with Android development and not freaked out by it.

I will set some for the new year! Defiantly!

I'd like to find love but that's a gray area when setting goals for.

Mmm, I am not too sure for the up-coming year, I will come back to this thread after new years and when I've come up with some and post them here! Smiley Happy

Highlighted

I think I probably will make a New Years Resolution. I haven't got one in mind yet though. I used to make half-hearted ones not to swear and eat healthier and stuff just to be part of the atmosphere, but it didn't go very well and I broke them after a few days, haha. This year though I made my resolution more of a SMART goal (to exercise at least 2 times a week). I broke it after a few months but I did much better than usual, and even after I broke it there were still weeks that I exercised at least twice, just not every single week. I'll make sure I try and do a smart goal again this year since it was so successful, but I haven't decided what to do yet. Will come and report back once I have! Smiley Happy

Highlighted

I have a lot of important goals for myself in 2013 and big changes that I'll be making. But I'm not much one for resolutions as such.
Highlighted

I've never really been able to stick with them in the past.

Next year I'm going on a student exchange to Europe and there are six major rules, 'The 6 Ds' and my pseudo resolution is going to be to break all of them somehow. They're driving, drinking, dating, drugs, disfiguration (tattoos and peircings) and downloading (illegal type).

I also want to keep off the weight that I'm supposedly going to gain when I'm there :/ and become a more outgoing and confident person because right now I'm a little private and I find it hard to become friends with a lot of people if you get what I mean, so that's why I wanted to do the exchange in the first place.

Highlighted

i find the best goals are the little steps that lead you to a bigger goal. for example your goal might be to do better at school and get better marks. A good way to start these goals is by setting a goal like start assignments early so that you can spend more time working on them.  By breaking down goal, or resolutions, i find them easier.

Highlighted

Okay, after a bit of thinking I have come up with my new years resolution, which is 'to make time to engage my interest in music at least 3 times a week' whether that be through piano lessons, learning theory, singing, playing, spending time just listening to music or something else... I have an over-arching goal that I would like to do a piano exam at some stage so I'm hoping this will feed into that. Smiley Happy

Highlighted

I've decided to make a not too specific resolution, my big problem now is that I don't know how to word it.

I'm going to have achieved something/progressed/been productive each day. I'm trying to make it so that each day had a point to it, I've had far too many days where if they were erased from history nothing would have really changed in my life aside from being a day younger.

And I'm giving myself a fall-back of at least 5 days a week, with a pass on actual sick days.