cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMG we're like totally turning 16!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GUESS WHAT EVERYONE!?

ReachOut.com is about to turn 16 years old!!! To celebrate the occasion we asked ReachOut.com staff which wise words they would share with their 16 year old selves, and here are the results.

Now, after you have had a read what I want to know (whether you are 14, 16, 20 or 25) is what are your wise words of the moment that you would tell yourself?

For me, I would say "stress less about the HSC! Your unexpected mark will set you on the right path anyway!!!"

Now, your turn!

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Re: OMG we're like totally turning 16!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aww YAY!!!
I would tell my 13 year old self that do not compare yourself to anyone and do not crave for male attention. Loving yourself first is more rewarding Smiley Happy

D'awww. R.O is a teen now ;^^ Hahaha~

Man, so many things I should've told my 16-17 yr old self: 

• Leave that school! You're not enjoying it nor are you keeping up with the study load so it's a sign that another school + curriculum would have suited you better
  • You're not solely responsible for other people's happiness. That's for them to figure it out. 
  • Dob on that lousy school counsellor. 
  • Haters gonna hate so no need to seek everyone's (or anyone's approval), particularly the people that don't appreciate you anyway!
  • Take a gap year, no matter how mad your parents may get about it
  • Never deny or refuse to acknowledge what you're good at 

Happy Birthday Reach Out!

My advice would be "be as kind to yourself as you are to others."

• You don't have to wait to begin something
  • You don't have to wait for happiness
  • There are alternative paths
  • Prioritise and use your time wisely
  • Be kinder to people rather than putting expectations on them and yourself. We change but we also are who we are, and we're all in this together. Just because someone isn't doing exactly what you wish they were doing doesn't mean what they're doing is wrong, it's just different. They can't know that that's what you want anyway, so getting annoyed about something you don't speak about only hurts yourself.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Woohoo!

I would say to my 16 year old self... 

- You are you and that is enough, more than enough it's special. Don't waste your time and energy trying to be someone else or someone better. Worry less about what people think and try to enjoy the good times. I love you now!

Happppppppy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday to REACHOUT, happy birthday to you!!!!!!!!

I would say to my 14 year old self appreciate what you have and others around you! Also the blue streak in your hair still looks awesome Smiley Wink 

Woooo Happy Birthday!!!

Sweet sixteen Smiley Very Happy

I would tell my 13 year old self DONT WORRY, you make it through adolescence and do so many cool things, hang in there! You eventually find people who love you for you and the things you thought made you weird and unpopular are the things that lots of people love about you!

I'd tell my 16 year old self to have more confidence and also to get help when I need it no matter what the issue. 

Happy Birthday Reach Out!!

I would tell me 16 year old self to take better care of myself. Because I'm worth it. Smiley Happy