cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMG

Hey all,
Lately I've been getting dizzy spells that makes me lose my sight. It fades and I get my sight back after something sugary. It freaks me out cos it usually happens when I'm alone. Does anyone know why it happens???

Re: OMG

Hi Beth

That sounds really serious.

We cannot emphasise enough that you see a doctor about it as soon as you can before it catches you out in a potentially dangerous situation.

There could be a few different reasons for this but there are no doctors on these forums and, even if there were, no one could offer a diagnosis of any sort of validity without a direct examination.

Please get yourself to a doctor ASAP.

I'll try to see one soon but it takes like 5weeks to get in to a doctor so I rarely go to one, even if I'm sick I don't go cos its too much of a hassle for dad
Highlighted

Hi Beth.

Lex is right, that sounds rather concerning. If it's not possible for you to get to a doctor soon could you maybe call Healthdirect Australia and see what they suggest? 

I did and they said to go to the doctor ASAP

I guess in the meantime, until you visit the doc,it doesn't hurt to eat well, plenty of water and quality rest. 

Hey Beth,

Sorry I have no idea what might be the cause of it...

AlthoughI think in the meantime just have a chat to your Dad or anyone close to you to let them know that there may be something wrong. I think your parents will be just as concerned if not more so than what you are.

Yeah I told dad today, and said I need a doctors appointment

Hey Beth,

Great work. Get off to the doc as soon as you can. Lex is right - dissy spells can mean a bunch of very serious and not serious things - but you totally need to go see a GP to find out. 

Does your dad know how serious it is? Make sure you get there ASAP and let us know how you go.

Benny

Yeah dad knows his even said they might take my licence off me cos of it