@Dyl wrote:

I haven't seen my Dad in 4-5 years and I really want to see him again 

My parents broke up when I was 3 

And I really miss my Dad

I really want to tell my Mum bu i'm worried about what she'll say

Highlighted

Re: Parents

hey @Dyl and welcome
if seeing your dad is something youd like to do but to afraid to tell your mum in person, perhaps writing her a letter letting her know you like to see him might be a good starting point?

also if you put an @ in front of a members name itll tag them for you
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Hi @Dyl,

Sorry to hear you haven't seen your dad in 4-5 years. That must be tough for you. Were you close with him?

Are you comfortable talking with your mum? Maybe she would understand if you told her how you feel about not seeing your dad and then something could be arranged so you could see him?

Hi there @Dyl 

Sorry to hear that you haven't seen your dad in a long time. I can imagine how hard it must be for you.

I understand missing family as I am going though a somewhat similar experience. My parents divorced recently and its been tricky for everyone. I miss my sisters. The youngest is only 2 years old and I haven't seen her for about 10 days now.. She's coming for a visit on Saturday for a few hours and I can hardly wait. My parents can't stand each other so I get how even saying you miss one of them can cause a negative reaction.. the best thing would be for your mother to understand that children love and need both parents. I hope that this is the case for you so that talking to her about it can be easier.

When are you next scheduled to see your dad? How about you give him a phone call in the meantime?

My heart goes out to you @Dyl 

Hey @dog_lover94 thanks so much

I am still composing myself before I tell my Mum 

Also

Go the mighty QUEENSLANDERS in the State of origin 

@Ladybug 

That must have been hard for you to

I just miss the moments I had with my Dad and being able to even call someone Dad

@Ladybug @dog_lover94 @scared01 

I just feel lost 

I'm sorry that you feel lost @Dyl. We are always here for you to offer support. You can chat whenever you like. You're not alone even though it can sometimes feel this way. Both your parents love you and want the best for you. And everyone here on ReachOut is thinking of you too. It's okay to wait until you're ready to tell your mum about how you feel.

Does anybody else in your life know how you are feeling right now?