cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Parents

@Dyl 
If you feel comfortable, you could maybe write some dot points about that here? How would you like your mum to respond to what you tell her?

Hi @Dyl! I personally haven't experienced a situation like yours but I think a lot of people have gone through similar things. It sounds really tricky. It's so hard not being able to see someone you love who lives far away. I just wanted to show my support. I think the advice on this thread has been great. Heart

@WheresMySquishy @MisoBear 

Hey Mum

Yes Dylan

I think I want to see Dad

Why

Because I do

Then she'll go on about why it's a bad idea

Because he's my Dad and I miss him

@Dyl 
That's good. Maybe you write out how you'd like the conversation to go instead? When I have to have tough convos with my parents I sometimes focus on what could potentially go wrong, and I get into this headspace where I'm thinking it will fail before it's even happened. If I think about how I would like it to go (e.g. my mum listens to what I have to say without interrupting, and she supports me in my decision) then it makes me more confident about my choices.

@MisoBear @WheresMySquishy @dog_lover94 @missyj @Ladybug 

Me and my Mum have been arguing lately and I don't know when/how to do it

Hi @Dyl, it must be difficult for you to find a good time to talk to your mum about this if you and her have been arguing. How are you feeling?

Can I ask whether the arguments are related to seeing your dad? If not, it might be a good idea to let everything cool down before you tackle a bigger issue. So that the emotions that are brought up during arguments aren't carried through to when you start talking about this.

I can see you've been thinking a lot about how to start the conversation with your mum, this article has some pretty good tips too, see if they help you at all!

@missyj
I feel lost and alone
I'm having trouble with some rude kids at school and things like that also
My friends have been really helpful
My best mate who is like a brother and his Mum have been helping me out also
But I still feel lost and alone at times
I work hard and things and fail
It feels really depressing

@missyj @MisoBear @WheresMySquishy @dog_lover94 @Ladybug 

Thanks for helping me out the best way ya's can so far

@Dyl Sorry to hear that things haven't been going too well at school.  You sound like you have a great support network in place with your friends, best mate and his mum so definitely don't be afraid to talk to them and open up with them a bit more.

It's really easy to feel like you're alone when you're going through some trouble, but I find that when I talk to my closest friends and realise that they may have been through something similar before, it helps me to remember that if they can, then I (and you!) can get through it too!  Sometimes we try really hard at things and they don't always work out, but keep in mind that there's so much opportunity in the world for you to try again and never give up Smiley Happy