Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Parents

@MisoBear 

I am slowly getting worse mentally 

Hi Dyl,

I am so sorry to hear what you're going through.  It is very insightful for you recognising that you're slowly finding it more difficult, then having the strength to admit it and seek help.  Are you safe now? 

I also recommend you to call Kids Helpine on 1800 551 800.  If you prefer you can also chat to a counsellor on - https://kidshelpline.com.au/get-help/webchat-counselling

They have trained counsellors for you 24/7, so if you need that extra support (which we all do at times), they are there for you.

Hey @Dyl,

I'm so sorry to hear that, that sucks. I'm wondering if you're safe right
now? Wanna talk about what's going on?

@MisoBear @TOM-RO @Jay-RO 

I just feel like I can't do anything right and no matter how hard I work I still fail

I just miss having a Dad to talk about footy and cricket with as well

I feel worthless and alone 

Like know one cares about me

@MisoBear 

Their is also there is a girl at school I like who I don't know how to talk to

@MisoBear @TOM-RO 

My idol Ben Hunt is also going through some stuff at the moment

You're not alone, @Dyl. We care about you here on RO and I'm sure there are
so many things you're good at. I can only imagine how hard it must be for
you to not have your dad in your life. Have you thought more about how you
might be able to talk to your mum about seeing your dad? Earlier we were
chatting about maybe you writing her a letter. I know things aren't great
at home for you at the moment, but do you think there might be another
adult in your life (a teacher or maybe even a counsellor at school?) who
you'd feel comfortable talking to?

Hey @Dyl , I've got to go to bed now but I'll send you a better reply tomorrow afternoon. I hope school is good tomorrow. Have a think about some of the things we've talked about and if you need someone to talk through some problems with tonight, have a look at Tom's suggestions. There are some great threads on here with people who are going through similar things, even hopping on the games thread for some distractions can help heaps too.

@MisoBear @TOM-RO 

I also played really badly in footy on the weekend which didn't help my state of mind at all

Hey @Dyl , ah I'm sorry, that sucks. The good thing about sport is there's always another game so you can get another shot. Does playing footy make you feel better when you're feeling down? I find going for a run or going to the gym really helps me, and my boyfriend plays footy a few times a week and it really helps him to feel better.

It can be hard talking to people we like, hey? When I was in school I remember being really nervous to talk to boys I liked. But now I realise that most people are flattered to receive the attention, and most people are nice. How about you find some common ground, something you're both interested (movies, sport, YouTubers?) and strike up a convo?