cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Party

Hey, so I am invited to a party tomorrow night. I was hesitant to say I was going to go cause every party I go to I feel depressed and lonely. But every time I convinced myself that the party will be good and I'll have fun. Well now for the actual dilemma, so I am going to the party but will only stay an hour or two my friend's leaving early too. Because of my depression and previously being on meds I never drink at parties. I am off meds now and kind of want to drink tomorrow night but I am still not 100% sure.
Reasons for drinking: want to do it atleast once.
Ex best friend may be there (she left me when times got tough) I want to prove I'm doing better without her.
Thats really all the reasons
Highlighted

Re: Party

Hey @Grake it's great to hear you are considering going to the party, you never know what its going to be like until you get there right?

With the drinking, firstly, do you have a way home organised already? If not, maybe make sure you do first so if you do decide to drink, you won't need to worry about how you get home. I think the answer to drink or not to drink is really what you are comfortable with. If you aren't 100% comfortable, maybe avoid it until you are. I don't think you need to drink to show your ex-best friend how well you are doing. Also, make sure you read this fact sheet here which will help guide you in your decision making.

Have you thought to maybe talk to your friend that you are going with about this? Sometimes just chatting to someone close about how you are feeling can make everything feel a bit clearer and more comfortable. 

Let us know how you go.

Hey @Grake

It's your decision on whether or not you drink, sometimes it isn't best to drink alcohol just to please somebody or prove somebody else wrong. If you want to drink at the party, you can, if you don't feel like it, you don't have to. I like @Zekk's suggestion in talking to your friend.
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

Hey @Grake, how did you go with the party?

Still at the party. I drank, ex friends not here. Having a good time will probably stay

Sounds like fun @Grake! Stay safe alright - no driving!

I'm blind so driving is usually dangous. So definitely won't drive tonight

Ended up getting a lift home with the deso driver. Even when I am drinking there is only so much I can put up with. I'm not good when people start getting loud. Turns out mum and her friends been drinking as well and there even louder 15 drunk teens. After about two hours of trying to avoid telling them and my brother and his girlfriend my opinion on religion mixed with other conversation and CAH I have finally maneged to escape. It was only my second attempt but now its bedtime. Wearing headphones cause I can hear them from my bedroom.

Sounds like a crazy night but it sounds like you still enjoyed yourself @Grake. Things can get harder when others get loud and it's okay to leave. I hope your head doesn't hurt too much this morning. Smiley Happy