cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plebiscite feels

I know there's already kinda a thread on the plebiscite and we are having a gr on Monday about it but i wanted to make a thread about it. 

I'm sick of the personal attacks and all the shit people say because of my gender and my sexuality and the want of my right to marry one day. It actually hurts. 

I'm sure a lot of you can relate, how are you coping? 

===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire
Highlighted

Re: Plebiscite feels

@redhead I can totally understand your pain and frustration, I think it's the same for most of us in the LGBTI community right now unfortunately Smiley Sad

I'm very lucky that most of the people around me IRL and online support marriage equality, but I do see things sometimes that upset me. For me, I try to focus on how many people I know who are doing good to try and make marriage equality a reality here, and on the days where I don't want to deal with seeing I try to give myself permission to disconnect for a while and do some self care.

What sort of self care strategies are you using at the moment around this stuff? Smiley Happy

Re: Plebiscite feels

I can only imagine how tough it must be to be part of the LGBTI community right now and I'm sending lots of support to all of you Heart

The fact that people can be so cruel completely sucks and I'm sorry that you have to deal with that. Surrounding yourself with like-minded people and trying to remember that you are not the horrible things that people say about you is important.

That's probably easier said than done... are you part of any online forums/groups specifically for the LGBTI community? Maybe others on there would be able to provide some specific tips? Smiley Happy

// Spiral outward, keep going. //