cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pronouns - what're yours?

Hey all,

I wanted to make a thread where everyone is welcome to share their pronouns if they'd like.

A bit of background on why pronouns are important:

- For some people, the set of pronouns that 'feels right' or 'fits' is the one that was assigned based on their birth sex.

- For other people, the set of pronouns that 'feels right' is something different. This might be because they're trans, non-binary, etc. Sometimes it even changes depending on how they experience their identity in the moment.

- Being called the wrong pronoun - also known as "being misgendered" - can be hard. It can feel upsetting, make a person feel left out or illegitimate... Even when it's not on purpose.

- By sharing pronouns, we can refer to each other in an informed way.

So I'd just like to start this off by saying that my pronouns are they/their/them or just use my username (Bay52VU).

Feel free to share (or not share - up to you!) your own Smiley Happy

____________________#iftoastershadfeelings____________________

Re: Pronouns - what're yours?

Great thread @Bay52VU! It's something that gets easily overlooked, but could have a significant effect on some people if they're referred to as a pronoun that they don't identify with.

My pronouns are he/his/him Smiley Happy

@Bay52VU What a brilliant thread! 

My pronouns are He/ His/ Him 

Yayyy a pronouns thread! Such a great idea, thanks @Bay52VU

My pronouns are they/them/theirs though I sometimes use she/her/hers as well Smiley Happy

my_pronouns_are.jpg

Awesome initiative to start this thread @Bay52VU Smiley Happy

My pronouns are she / her / hers but have no problem with gender neutral on the forums. Smiley Happy they / them / theirs

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

Yeah, really great that you started this @Bay52VU.

For me, I go by the pronouns she/her/hers. Smiley Happy

Edit: I would now like to go by they/them/theirs. But I will not be offended if she/her/hers is used, nor would I be offended by him/he/his.

|| Life runs in cycles, the wheel never stops turning, no matter how dark the night morning comes, no matter how cold the winter, spring comes. When you feel despair know that the wheel is turning, joy will come. ||

This rules. Always keen to refer to people by their preferred pronoun.

Mine are she/her/hers

this is a cool thread @Bay52VU good idea

mine are him/he/his
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

Love this, @Bay52VU.

I go by she/her/hers, but on forums like keeping things neutral so I don't mind on here Smiley Happy
we are what we repeatedly do - aristotle

Awesome idea for a thread, @Bay52VU! Mine are she/her/hers.