cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Psych Students Support Thread

Thanks for the advice @Karinaskii! I'll try looking into it next year Smiley Happy Is there a specific name for the program you're applying for? I've never heard of it until you've mentioned it, but it really does sound interesting and I want to learn more about it!

@Sarah7714 I agree with @Karinaskii about how volunteering can provide some really good real world experience. Plus, it'll be really beneficial with applying for postgrad Smiley Happy

Hey guys also a psych student almost finished....! hoping to get into my masters as well.
Being so close to the finish line I've found super draining and will probably take some time off first before going into more study. Juggling part time work and full time study is definitely draining hah. Also, I think if I had a dollar for every time someone found out I was studying psychology and asked me 'Ok what am I thinking then!?', I'd have enough money to pay off my student loans haha. How annoying is that question. We study psychology, we are not psychics. 

Seek volunteer sometimes has some great opportunities for anyone looking for practical experience. 

@Sarah7714 yes! oh my goodness I felt this all throughout my undergraduate and even in my postgraduate Smiley Surprised 

We're all in this together haha!

Great thread @Karinaskii!

I'm glad you made it Smiley Happy 

I'm currently in my 4th year graduate diploma which is completely online, and doing my thesis online with minimal support has been a huge challenge! I like my thesis topic but I wouldn't consider myself a 'research' person, so trying to get good marks for my thesis has been a massive challenge to say the least! Smiley Sad Smiley Surprised 

Is it your last year @missep? I'm thinking of doing my Masters completely online too! What do you think of it? Smiley Tongue

Hey @honky!

Do they have Psych Masters online? Smiley Surprised This is life changing! Where?

I hand in my thesis in January/Feburary so that's 4 out of the 6 required years completed Smiley Happy So unfortunately 2 more years to go but I feel like I'm close to the finishing line! 

@missep you can totally do it!

@Esperanza67 It is called the 'Child Protection Vacation Employment Program (VAC)'. It is definitely worth checking out Smiley Happy

@amywells21 Welcome to the thread. It actually is starting to surprise me with how many psych student there are! Are you almost finished your 4th year or your undergraduate year?

Thanks @missep I am really glad that people are using it and I am so happy to be meeting all those studying psych. I am the same as you, I am not particularly a research person. So I am a little worried about 4th year. You are so close to the finish line, how exciting! 

Thank you @lokifish! Smiley Very Happy

I love the Pokemon GIF Smiley Very Happy