cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Rainbow for Reachout: Lifting the mood during COVID-19.

Hello all!

Recently, when going for my daily walks, I've noticed many drawings of rainbows in the front of people's houses - either in their front window or the footpath in chalk. I thought that it might be linked to the COVID-19 crisis and so I did a quick google search, and I was correct. Apparently this has been done to show support for our front-line workers, as a way to provide hope, connect with others, and put a smile on other's faces.

I thought it was a really nice idea and that it would be great to do something similar on ReachOut, as a way to lift people's mood during this crisis!

If you'd like to partake in this, then draw/paint/chalk a picture of a rainbow, or something rainbow-inspired, and share it with us!

You can even give the drawing (or another one if it's very distinct and you've posted it on here and it could be used to identify you) to someone you love to lighten their mood, or in your front window for the public to see.

I thought I'd get us started by drawing the following:

IMG_0097.PNG

If you wanted to get really creative you could even draw something that makes you really happy (for example, your pet) in rainbow-form and share it with us, kind of like this...

Image taken from redlionbysteph.comImage taken from redlionbysteph.com

I thought I'd tag you @xXLexi_Lou122Xx because I know how much you love drawing, but don't feel obliged to participate if you don't want to or aren't up for it.

If you don't like drawing or can't draw, then feel free to upload your favourite rainbow-inspired picture, or write an uplifting quote in rainbow colours Smiley Happy

Check out what beautiful things people have been creating so far here and here.

If any of you find this post distressing or the current Covid-19 situation distressing, you can call Lifeline on 13 11 14 or Kids Helpline on 1800 55 1800 or use their web-chat and email services (see here).

Highlighted

Re: Rainbow for Reachout: Lifting the mood during COVID-19.

Highlighted

I’ve got a video, I can’t post it because it has the rascally rabbit in it, but at our local park the kids in the area had set up a whole chalk obstacle course, it went all along the path with a big rainbow at the end 

Highlighted

Also @Maddy-RO how did you do that drawing? My partner has been using procreate on our iPad to draw cool pictures kinda like that
Highlighted

Hahaha, that sounds like fun. Thanks for mentioning it anyway. I'm assuming the rascally rabbit is your partner's son? If so, that's a cute nickname Smiley Happy.

Yes, I use a similar program to procreate, it's not as good but it's free. It is called "sketchbook."

Highlighted

Awesome thread idea @Maddy-RO! I would love to draw something! I am honoured that you tagged me for this reason Smiley Tongue.

When I draw things digitally, I use ibis paint x on my iPad. It's got all sorts of pens and brushes!

Very cool drawing Maddy! How do you do it? Smiley Happy

Edit: wait, that's a pic on the internet, lol

Highlighted

This is intended to be funny, not to distress anyone over the current state of our livesThis is intended to be funny, not to distress anyone over the current state of our lives

Highlighted

@Maddy-RO yeah the little one! 

Highlighted

This is a great idea for a thread!

Since I was young, I have usually made our Animal Crossing town flag some variation of a rainbow. When I saw this thread, that's what I immediately thought of.

Here is our current island flag that I designed:

20200410_234639.jpg

I'm sure we could create something more detailed than that (I just did it for the Nook Miles) but I love how it's similar to the design I had in my first town on the Gamecube.

Highlighted

That's pretty cool @WheresMySquishy! I haven't played animal crossing before, let alone know what it is, but that's a cute flag!