cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re thinking self

Hi FORUM , 

I have been privileged to be on Australia soil and form mingle unique relationships with locals and picked up Surfing.

Being in Australia allowed me to develop an alternative personality to be socially functional.

I'm here to ask anyone here how do they have that sense of self beyond your nationality ,cultural origin and consumption ?

I'm at peace with my self beliefs but I'm always thinking there's more in me.

We do get bounded by these factors which may get in the way of our @@@actual feelings and desires.

How do people grow up and say this is my solid identity at the end of a year ?

I'm having these thoughts cause I'm concious to change.

Re: Re thinking self

hi @BunnyWalks

Honestly people are forever changing their views and how they percieve their sense of self. That is perfectly normal and fine. I dont think humans were made to be 'set in stone; so to speak so if your questioning your identity dont worry, there are many who do this no matter their gender, nationality, religion, or anything else. Being under 25 theres so much room for growth, change, adjusting and figuring out who you are. Ive read that many older people are still working out 'who they are' or that they feel they have changed alot since they were in their teens and 20s.

There are others i know who have different nationalities and cultural beliefs who embrace that by participating in their cultural acitivites etc, encouraging others to participate and also share with others about that culture and their beliefs but also embaracing everyday life in the country they live in such as learning surfing, or something they hadnt considered trying out.

Is there something in particular that is bothering you about your identity thats making you want to change?

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**
Highlighted

Re: Re thinking self

I do experience this pressure to decide in my identity public life cause people ask the" tell me about yourself."

I think I spend way too much time on the internet.

This maybe both initially based on nationality and profession but there has to be more to that.

In Singapore and Malaysia we have a national curriculum built on patriotism.

It didn't allow for much creativity for an individual.

I have taken up hobbies like running and cycling but I see those as self maintenence activities and not so much identity activities.

Half of my time in Australia was based on commuting be it bus or rail or bike.

Do I always have to stand out in a major way ?