cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reach

Anyone been to a Reach workshop before?

I'm going on a Fused Weekend Away and was wondering if anyone knew anything about it from personal experience.

Re: Reach

Hey! Reach is amazing, my brother is involved and they have been really great with him. I was going to apply to be crew but I have enough on my plate right now. 

Good luck! You will have so much fun and I'm not kidding when I say it will change your life! 

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

Ooh that sounds really cool @FootyFan26, you'll have to let us know how you go!

I LOVE REACH! Have crewed for fused before, and would absolutely recommend fused weekend away, @FootyFan26!
we are what we repeatedly do - aristotle

Thanks guys, the positive feedback is reassuring! Smiley Happy

@Craycray17 since you've been a crew member can I ask what the aim of the fused weekend is?

I don't know any specifics as I am not attending, however, from what I have heard around office it is one of the team's fave events to run, as well as fused workshops each term! From my own experiences of a reach camp, there will be some challenges, some reflective times, lots of laughs and lots and lots of bonding and connection with other kids there, so happy you're going, you will love it!
we are what we repeatedly do - aristotle

@j95 kinda.  My family's always on my back though, constantly telling me to get stuff ready and they want me to get new clothes even though I have enough.  It's pretty frustrating and it's been getting on my nerves.  I don't want to be rude but I also don't want to have to go shopping for clothes and other stuff that apparently I need.  They're always like that.  I give up.  I have the stuff,  they're like that with other stuff too and it kinda pisses me off because they make it one big thing even though it's small and they always want me to look good, have everything I need times 2 and it's frustrating.

I'm over it and I honestly don't feel like going anymore if it's gonna be like this all week.

You will have a great time when you are there - it will be worth it so don't give up on going.
I can see why are upset though, if you have everything what's the point in spending more money??
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

@j95 everything has to be perfect. I appreciate them caring but I really just want it to be simple. Everything has to be complicated which creates tension and yelling in the house.

I believe you when you say it'll be better but I'm finding it hard to see that part for myself.
Highlighted

hey @FootyFan26

I can understand how yoru situation with your family could be frustrating. I haven't been to any of the Reach workshops but I have read about them and checked them out online, they seem really great! You might find it refreshing to have a little bit of time away too.

Feel free to let us know how it goes!