cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really, really easy recipies

(Kinda obvious but just in case, there will probably be a lot of talk about food, so be aware of that if it's something that triggers you)

So apparently executive dysfunction, lack of energy, physical disabilities and really bad cooking skills make getting food really, really hard, and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one here struggling with it.

So maybe we can get a thread going of foods that are easy to prepare and eat.

(Preferably without talking about weight loss if at all possible)

That way we can help each other out, and I can steal people's ideas Smiley Tongue

Re: Really, really easy recipies

Some super easy pasta recipies for anyone who's intrested: 

Mac and Cheese

Throw some pasta in a bowl. Obviously macaroni is best but I've used all sorts of pasta. Put in some cold water and microwave for like 5 minutes. Drain the water (though if you've really got no energy, you can use it instead of milk)

Put in some cheese, milk, and cornflour, mix it in, and microwave for an extra minute. If you're feeling fancy you can add in salt and pepper or ham. If you don't eat milk, It works just as well with soy milk and cheese.

Garlic pasta

Microwave some pasta (especially good with spaghetti) in cold water for six or seven minutes. 

If you've got fresh or powdered garlic or garlic paste, you can just chuck it in there with enough olive oil to coat the pasta. If you're using garlic granules then you might have to put it and the oil in a frying pan for a few minutes to get the flavour out. Then you can add salt and pepper.

Breakfast oats! I eat this almost every morning!

What you'll need:

Ingredients 

1x Banana

Half Cup oats 

1 teaspoon baking power 

1 teaspoon vanilla essence 

Milk or Water or Almond milk - just enough to combine ingredients 

Cinnamon 

*PLUS* You can add anything you like, including protein powder, dried fruits, chocolate, nuts and seeds. 

Steps 

1. Mash banana in an ovenproof baking dish (I use a round glass container that I bake in the oven without the lid) 

2. Mix in half cup oats (Add more if it's not enough) 

3. Add milk or water just enough so the ingredients are not dry

4. Add baking powder, cinnamon, vanilla essence & your desired ingredients 

5. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes at 180-200 degrees, just so that the top Is golden brown 

Once it is done, I put melted crunchy Biscoff on top or sugar-free maple syrup! 

Stir fried noodles

-Throw any ingredients you have left in your fridge in a pan with however much oil you want

-Throw in some noodles (the fresh refrigerated kind for extra ease) and add about 1/4 cup of water so it can cook. 

-Add a bit of soy sauce or any sauce you have in the fridge (ketchup/bbq sauce/whatever you like)

-Mix everything together for however long you want (I normally only have enough patience for 3 minutes)

-Taste it to make sure it's acceptable to you

-Done!

I usually make this with leftover tofu and spinach/cabbage/frozen veg. And I always add less sauce than I think I need just in case, we can always add more later Smiley Wink

Chia pudding

-Put about half a cup of chia seeds and half a cup of milk in the first container you find in your kitchen (bowl/mug/tupperware/anything that holds liquid) 

-Leave it in the fridge overnight. Or don't if you can't be bothered. It should gel up in about 5 minutes anyway Smiley Happy The result is a jelly-like substance

-Drizzle a bit of honey or maple syrup on top of it

-Cut up any fruit you like and put it on top of the chia. Or don't even cut it if you want. Sometimes I just put a whole banana in the bowl. Still tastes just as good!

-Enjoy!

@November13  both those recipes sound really yummy! The chia pudding recipe would also be really helpful since you can just prepare it before hand and grab it the morning of.

A simple recipe that I like to use is avocado and feta toast.

1) Cut up half an avocado (or however much you want) into cubes and toss them into a bowl
2) Add in some cubes of feta, goat's cheese, or whatever soft cheese that crumbles.
3) Mash up everything with a fork to as smooth or chunky as you like.
4) Season it with salt and pepper.

5) Spread it on some bread or toast and enjoy!

You can also keep it covered in the fridge for up to a day or two. The mixture does turn brown from the oxygen but it still tastes the same. You can also add some lemon juice to keep it from turning brown/for some extra flavour.

@Tiny_leaf yessss, thank you for this. Executive dysfunction crew unite!

@JasminH That sounds AMAZING. I usually make overnight oats, which is another super easy recipe, and I love that I can make it at a time when I have more energy (i.e. in the evening) and then I'll have something delicious ready to eat in the morning, when I have literally zero energy or interest in cooking. But lately I'm getting bored with them, so I'm definitely going to try this baked version.

This is how I make Overnight oats for anyone who wants to try -- I just eyeball everything because it's quicker that way, but unfortunately that means this is a pretty crap recipe to follow Smiley Tongue

1) Dump some rolled oats in a container or bowl. You can make a huge batch if you want and eat it for breakfast/lunch/snacks a few days in a row.

2) Add milk. I usually add just enough to wet all of the oats, but you can add more or less depending how thick you want it to be.

3) Add deliciousness until it tastes good to you. I normally add sugar, cinnamon, chocolate chips and slivered almonds, but you can put in fruits (I'd recommend frozen fruit bits so you don't have to chop anything up), nuts, maple syrup, honey, vanilla, peanut butter, whatever you like. It's also good to put in a pinch of salt.
4) Mix it all up.
5) Cover the container and leave it in the fridge overnight. The next day you can eat it cold (my preference) or heat it in the microwave.

This is such a great thread! Smiley Happy I'm one of the laziest people you'll ever meet and that translates to meal preparation and cooking. If there is an easy or simple way of doing something, I'll do it.
I used to make microwavable macaroni and cheese when my sister was in hospital and I couldn't be bothered doing a lot of cooking. You can also get pasta and sauces that you can microwave. I often get a lot of konjac pasta because it's already cooked and quick to prepare. Another thing I used to do was microwave some rice and soy pieces in a sauce, but be careful to get the ratio right because sometimes it would turn into a stew when I mixed it together (oops).

I'll try to think of some other things.

Wow, this is such a great idea for a thread! I don't know if I would call myself lazy when it comes to cooking, but quick recipes means I get my food faster lol

Anyway, I've got an easy chickpea salad recipe people might be interested in. It's also v flexible, you can add or remove ingredients as you wish!

Ingredients: 

1/2 can chickpeas (depending on how you're feeling, you can add more or less!!)

1/2-1 avocado

1 tomato

1/4 red onion (you can also add more or less onion, its v flexible!)

salad dressing

pepper

1-2 carrots (optional)

halloumi or feta cheese (optional)

1 cucumber (optional)

1 red or green capsicum (optional)

Method:

1. Chop tomato, avocado and red onions (and any other vegetables or extras you're adding) into small pieces.

2. Toss with chickpeas in a bowl.

3. Add salad dressing.

4. Season with pepper.

5. Enjoy!!!

This is a great thread 😀 

I really love making some fresh crepes in the morning, with a drizzle of maple syrup and a good slice of butter. 

1. In a medium sized bowl add in 2 eggs and whisk with a fork

2. Add in a pinch of cinnamon powder, sugar to whatever quantity you like (I usually use about half a tablespoon), and half a teaspoon of vanilla essence into the whisked eggs. Mix it all super well

3. Finally add in a cup of milk before giving it another whisk

4. Add in a cup of plain flour through a sieve into the wet ingredients, slowly while gradually mixing it all together. Make sure there are no clumps for super soft crepes 🤩
5. I like to rest the batter for five minutes or so with a lid over it, before pouring it on a pan and serving it with maple syrup and butter. 

The second recipe is my absolute favourite. Here is a super easy video to follow:

@StarGirl101 mm, chocolate mug cake is amazing. 

I've also seen chocolate brownie versions.