cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Recovery; our journey to well being

I wanted to reflect upon an experience I've had recently in which relates so well to wellbeing.

So I had an appt with my psych and there was a new feeling for me, and it was a positive one but because I hadn't felt it much before it felt awkward to experience. It was like I'm so used to emotions hurting or feeling negative that I forgot what positive and pure emotions feel like. The feeling came after we came to see that I am managing nearly full-time hours and I'm managing it well - I'm learning new things and I'm feeling more confident within myself - which is something I thought impossible for a long time! Sure I find it hard to be confident in myself at the best of times, but it's normal to not feel confident 100% of the time.

So I want to ask the community what is a step in your recovery that you've made recently?
Maybe you've just reached out for help, or you've connected with a professional you like. Every step matters. Even acknowledging a lapse or relapse is a positive step. No matter what it is, I'd like to talk about it here because recovery matters

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Highlighted

@Bee  This is so amazing to read!! 

Go you! So happy to hear this amazing step in your recovery journey. 

It's a good one to come back to when you have an off day in the future. 

Keen to hear other people's steps if people want to share theirs too Smiley Very Happy

I had an important conversation I needed to have with someone and I wasn't sure how it would go but now we are both on the same page and things can start to improve! 

@gina-RO Thanks! Heart

@Shadow that is amazing! I'm proud of you for being able to have that conversation and be on the same page Smiley Happy

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart