cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regrets

Moments I have when things challenge me, moments where I am scared, these moments still happen even after recovery. I think it’s normal in life. I’m sure it’s what growing is. Learning and being able to pull ourselves up when we start to slip. I make the choice to be free and happy and let go, live life by the little moments that make us smile, the moments that take our breath away and know that everything that happens must have a reason or purpose behind it. Every person comes into our life with a purpose, whether it be to learn or love or experience something new. Whether it be good or be heartbreaking every person, every experience is a opportunity to learn something. Never stop learning, never give up, never let the chance to open your heart or mind go bye, life’s to short for regrets.

Re: Regrets

This is beautiful and I totally agree with it, especially the part about how every experience is an opportunity to learn something. That's how I try to live my life.

Thanks for sharing this. Smiley Happy

(Quick note: I had to remove the link to your post as our community guidelines don't allow links to personal sites or anything that might provide personal information about you. Thanks for understanding!)

Thanks for sharing that meaghanperris

I especially like what you said here "Every person comes into our life with a purpose, whether it be to learn or love or experience something new." It helps to look at the situation in a different perspective when that person is someone you wish you never met. Take it as a challenge, an opportunity to learn something from. 

I wonder, meaghanperris, what are your inspirations in life to help you pick yourself up when you are slipping? 

What about others? What help you pick yourself up when life is tough?

For me, I spend sometime looking at the sky. It could be the clouds or the stars. It helps take me away from the bad situation. 

I have had plenty of things that I would change If I had the chance to go back. However in saying that, I wouldn't call them regrets!
All my choices and actions made at the time, good or bad, have helped shape who I am today, and are an essential source for learning providing me with the tools to better direct my future.

@Doris: I was just thinking about this not too long ago! +1 for looking at the sky, it's just so calming and beautiful Smiley Happy

What about others? What helps you pick yourself up when life is tough?

Recently I've come to realise that when life gets tough, there's no point in playing it down. Accept that it's hard and have the courage to face it head on. To help pick me up I usually take a step back to clear my head and recite Invictus, which I've come to memorise, having helped me through so many things!

Out of the night that cover me,

dark as the pit from pole to pole,

I thank whatever Gods may be,

For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance,

I have neither winced nor cried aloud.

Under the bludgeonings of chance,

my head is bloody but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears,

looms the horror of the shade.

And yet the menace of the years,

finds, and shall still find me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,

or how charged with punishment the scroll.

I am the master of my fate.

I am the captain of my soul.