cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Retiring from modding

Hi all,

I thought I'd give a quick update as to what's happening with me.

I turned 24 yesterday! I never thought I'd make it to my mid-20s, and the RO forums are a big reason why I have.

The lead up to my birthday prompted me to reflect on a lot of things, and I've decided that it's time to retire from the mod program. While there have been some awesome moments in my years of modding, my life is now taken up by a lot of 'adulting' - a house, a long term relationship, postgraduate study, and starting a not-for-profit bird sanctuary (we're up to 19 birds now! Smiley Surprised).

I'll still be around on the forums until I age out in a year or two, but probably won't be posting as much.

Re: Retiring from modding

Happy birthday for yesterday @lokifish! 🥳

I've really appreciated your work as a mod. When I first joined I remember feeling really seen and understood and appreciated when you responded to me which I really needed, and it usually makes me happy when I see you've been active.

Very glad and thankful you're still around in your mid 20's, and for everything you've added to RO,  and that you've got so many exciting things happening in your life. I definitely understand the decision to scale back involvement in RO as the rest of your life gets bigger/fuller and your focus needs to go to other things. Glad we'll still see you round a bit ☺️

Highlighted

Happy belated birthday @lokifish! Thanks for all you have done as a mod, I love how proactive you are and all of the topics you have started. And congratulations for all the awesome things you're doing in life, the bird sanctuary thing sounds awesome. I'm glad to know you'll still be around for another year or so, I'd definitely love to see you around!

Highlighted

Happy belated birthday @lokifish and thanks for all your contributions!! 

Highlighted

Happy birthday @lokifish! Smiley Happy

giphy

You have been such a huge part of our community. Smiley Happy Thank you for everything that you've done on here! Even though you're retiring as a mod, I'll always enjoy chatting with you.
I wish you all the best in your studies and with your bird sanctuary! Heart

Highlighted

Hey @lokifish , 

First off, happy birthday!!

Bird Happy GIF - Bird Happy Budgie GIFs

Thank you so much for everything you've brought to the community here, you've made such a massive contribution over so many years and given so much to everyone here. We are really going to miss having you as a mod it's great that you'll still be around for a bit longer. It's awesome to hear that life is going so well for you - a huge congrats on the bird sanctuary, that is epic! 

Check out our community activities calendar for November 2020 here
Highlighted

@lokifish! Heart Happy belated birthday!

Thank you for everything you've done around here, I remember when I was a builder/ member you were always so welcoming, hardworking, and great to chat to! Honestly, being able to meet you has been one of the highlights of becoming a mod myself! I'll miss you on the mod squad but I'm so proud of you and look forward to seeing your future accomplishments! Heart Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted

@lokifish Happy belated birthday Heart 

It's been an absolute pleasure being able to mod along side you - you're wisdom and knowledge is something I've always admired. 

Best of luck in your future studies and your bird sanctuary

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart