cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sadness and insomnia

Hi, I have just recently lost my two pets and I have been feeling sick to the gut haven’t been sleeping. I can’t seem to shake the sadness off and it hurts my heart. I honestly don’t know what to do.

Re: Sadness and insomnia

Hey there @Reeree19 and welcome to ReachOut Smiley Happy 

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your pets. Losing a loved one, including our pets, is terrible and it's okay to feel sad about it. Have you spoken to anyone about how you've been feeling lately?

ReachOut also has a factsheet over here on working through grief. It includes some tips of things you can do to help you cope with the sadness that you're feeling, including talking to others and letting yourself cry and grieve, it's important to allow time where you can let those feelings out, if you can. What do you think?

-----

I am finishing with ReachOut this week, say good-bye here. I'll miss you all!

hi @Reeree19 and welcome

Its brave of you to reach out for supports. Im sorry to hear about your pets. They will always hold a special place in your heart and its more than ok to grieve for them and their presence.
Do you think creating a memorial or a shrine would help you? Perhaps lighting a candle in honour them may be helpful as well
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**
Highlighted

Thank you for your kind words. I don’t think I will be able to hold in my sadness with a memorial. They have a special place in my heart always and I still have their pictures. I have lit a candle in their memory and buried them. ❤️

Thank you for the wonderful support. Talking about it has given me the closure I needed. The only grief that I hold is that I never knew the cause of their deaths and that made me think I did something wrong. I have talked myself out of it by saying their time was up in this world and nothing can bring them back, but their reminder of love remains. 

take your time grieving @Reeree19 it sounds like you a fantastic pet owner who wanted whats best for their fur babies. Heart
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**