cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Self Care

There is often times where we need to take time out and look after ourself. Sometimes it can be hard to know what to do to look after ourself, we can be stuck for ideas on how we can be nice to ourself.

Many times I've found when I've been told to do something nice for myself I sit there and think "what am I supposed to do?". It's different for everyone and I'm wondering what other people do.

What is one nice thing that you have done for yourself today?

(If you're unsure take a look at what other people have said and try and do somehting similar for yourself)

I'll start, I lit my lavender candle put some calming music on and played mahjong before doing some study

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Re: Self Care

Good idea for a thread Bee. Smiley Happy 

It varies for me. But today I posted in the Three Positives of Today thread because I needed to find some positives and I'm listening to some music to help me relax. 

Thanks Smiley Happy I got the idea from the old school counsellor and her one famous question "what nice thing are you going to do for yourself tonight?"

I posted in that same thread this afternoon too! haha Smiley Happy

I'm going to go to yoga, my body needs it.  I've been feeling really restless today because I can't focus and it's starting to drive me insane!

I always love having baths, that always makes me feel good.

I'm wearing my favourite ring and eating satay chicken noodles! YUM! Smiley Very Happy

I took myself out for a quiet lunch and reading session at a new diner across town. I feel a bit cooped up at home sometimes so it was nice to get out into the fresh air, have a pleasantly long walk there and back, while listening to music.
The food itself was just what I'd been craving and reading while I ate just really helped me to relax and centre myself a bit.

Awesome guys; Loving what we've done!

Sagira; how'd your yoga go? I did a bit last year and found it refreshing, need to get back into it!

Shadow; Amazing how one favourite thing can make us feel good hey?

Lex, Fresh ari is amazing, and walks are good Smiley Happy

Today I walked to school and back twice, a short walk but it was great to get into the fresh air and walk through the small park Smiley Happy
When I changed out of my school uniform I put my white shawl jacket thing on, it's croched and has short sleves Smiley Happy

@Bee I think it's great that we can celebrate the time we take out for ourselves.

The yoga was awesome and just what I needed.  I spent a bit of time talking to the instructor afterwards and she gave me a few guest passes to hand out to people.  I gave a couple to my psych today, I figured she would know people who could benefit from it and she appreciated it.  I also went today!!  I've been going almost everyday for the last 3 weeks, it's doing great things for me.

I love this idea Smiley Happy 

Well today I slept longer that I shud have and felt so refreshed Smiley Happy 

Had some chai and am not going to school as I'm exhausted after getting no sleep last night.